$1.04
      BB:
      $2.12
      UTG1:
      $0.80
      UTG2:
      $1.83

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.06, BU folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) A, 3, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.14.

Hi ya,

Firstly, I know I should not have called his raise with MSS strategy in mind, especially when I am first to act post flop.

Nevertheless, my question is more to do with the post flop play. He raised, I called - the momentum is with him - I should check right?. But since I hit my ace ( not the best kicker of course), is it ok to lead out with a bet and thus apply pressure ?

Thanks a lot :)
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Yes preflop is absolutely terrible because our hand is not so good as you think it is.

Now that leads to the Flop where you lead. You say/ask that you want to bet & apply pressure. Pressure against what kinds of hands? What do you want to achieve?

I for sure am check/calling the Flop but I just wait for you to answer :)

- Gerv
    • keywiz
      keywiz
      Bronze
      I would find out where I stand because he raised small with probably a small pocket pair or a drawy hand and thus I would not let him draw to set.

If I got called here, I would have checked the Turn. It was the small raise of his and the mediocre hand I hit that made me bet .
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keywiz
      I would find out where I stand because he raised small with probably a small pocket pair or a drawy hand and thus I would not let him draw to set.

If I got called here, I would have checked the Turn. It was the small raise of his and the mediocre hand I hit that made me bet .

There are numerous other ways to find out where you stand here. I think you either bet for value or bet as a bluff here

Since I expect him to cBet 100% on the Flop I check/call here. The Turn I would check/call as well & then when he triple barrels then it is time to fold

Best regards,
      Gerv