This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 KJo BB

• Knyght
      Knyght
      Bronze
      I think I should have raised preflop here and looking back at it I have no idea why I didn't.

But, as played:
      I call the flop minbet because, it's a minbet, even though it's also half pot by now.

I pick up top pair good kicker on the turn and raise for value and protection. Not sure here. I think the raise is okay but I'm not sure it was the best. I think I can't fold here either, though.

I get checked to on the river which I see as being pretty weak so I make a small bet here. Not sure what I'm thinking. I guess I hope he'll fold, but I'm not really seeing what hands would fold here that I don't beat. I think better to just cehck behind and not let the pot get too big. If I was bet to here, I'd probably call anything less than 2/3.

I think I know where I went wrong, anyway. The big mistake was not raising preflop. Take home lesson: Don't check BB with good hands when SB completes.

Hero (BB): $3.23 (161.5 bb)
      BTN: $0.70 (35 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)
      SB: $1.98 (99 bb)
      MP: $0.72 (36 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J K
      3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.04) 7 2 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02

Turn: ($0.08) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.21, SB calls $0.13

River: ($0.50) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, SB calls $0.26

Results:
      $1.02 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 7 2 9 J T
      Hero showed J K and lost (-$0.51 net)
      SB showed 9 7 and won $0.97 ($0.46 net)
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I agree that you should have raise pf. Against potsize bet I would not really raise turn, since very often he has there better hand than your tp. I would checked back- consider his potsize turn and that river completed straight/two pair hands I would also prefer checking back

best regards,