This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The power of suited cards!

• DirtyDunton
      DirtyDunton
      Bronze
      I will play just about any suited card in cash games as of late, especially if I can limp into a pot cheap.

As a newer player, I have recently discovered the power then can hold.

For example, tonight I got a 5-7 clubs and called the blind and entered the pot. I missed my flush, but I landed to pair with a 5-7-9 flop and realized that this unassuming 2 pair would be unexpected. Yes there was a danger of a straight draw, but I had a powerful hand and nobody knew it.

3 of us were in. A fella raised the pot, I re-raised, the next guy folded, then the original raiser went all in....I called of course.

I won a nice summed pot and pulled this same trick 2 hands later with similar success.

I don't understand yet how to calculate pot odds, EV and all that stuff, but I do know that when this hand lands you can fool players into believing your bluffing rather easily.

I understand why great players like these oddballs so much, it is because they are extremely powerful when hit the mark.
  • 10 replies