Written Hand History's for reviews

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I have an idea, it's not very outrageous but it's something i would really get a lot from.

I HATE watching poker videos, even the good ones they just kill me. I only do it because you just cant get everything you need from articles and hand evaluations, you need that in-game aspect of watching someone play every hand and take lines that are based on reads and recent history

So what if you had coaches play sessions of a few hundy hands and we could look through them all and maybe read brief comments about the tricky spots

yeah? na?
  • 4 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bradomurder
      I have an idea, it's not very outrageous but it's something i would really get a lot from.

I HATE watching poker videos, even the good ones they just kill me. I only do it because you just cant get everything you need from articles and hand evaluations, you need that in-game aspect of watching someone play every hand and take lines that are based on reads and recent history

So what if you had coaches play sessions of a few hundy hands and we could look through them all and maybe read brief comments about the tricky spots

yeah? na?
      would be exactly the same as a session review video, except would take longer to prepare and longer to view.

plus this is rpetty much what is done in the hand evaluation forums

So im going to say, na
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Holla bradomurder,

Firstly, thanks a lot for taking the time to come up with a suggestion on how to improve our educational offer.

Generally its going to be very difficult for somebody to take in all of the hand history's and look through them properly, without either getting bored or not understanding how to proceed through the hands.

It really is very similar to a session review video, perhaps what we could do is in the future ask the coach to put up the file with all the hand history's from the video?

I guess this is basically what you would want right?
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1

It really is very similar to a session review video, perhaps what we could do is in the future ask the coach to put up the file with all the hand history's from the video?

I guess this is basically what you would want right?
      yeah that would be pretty cool, if the history was uplaoded then you could just flick through the video and find the coaches take on spots you're not sure on. This would save the coach having to write everything down

The videos are obviously really good I think maybe I came across as harsh on them in that first post. The problem I find with videos is that you have to go through a lot of standard spots to get to the juicy bits
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      That's true, we have also started trying to implement shorter videos which focus on a theoretical topic, rather than focusing on longer session review videos that will have a lot of "standard" spots.

Perhaps these would be more appropriate for your viewing pleasure in the future?

Also if any videos you are interested in the hands mentioned, feel free to post and we can message the coach.

Thanks
      Patrick