Traffic

• bellavec
      bellavec
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

i wanna ask for an advice.. since i'm a beginner, i'm playing PLO10 FR, but i cannot find a room with a big traffic at these tables..

i'm playing on stars but even there i never find more than 4 full tables..
      is there any other room in which i could find more players (consider that i'm italian, i cannot play on party...)

thanks a lot,
      bye
  • 8 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      iPoker has some micro-plo tables. At certain times of day there are a few 0.1/0.2,0.02/0.04 and 0.01/0.02 tables. 05/0.1 limits seem a little thin on the ground for some reason though. (I assume you are referring to FR games.)
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      if you want to play a lot of tables, you might have to play multiple sites.. the other option is to work on beating SH as well, so you can always switch to that if there aren't enough full tables running
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      if you want to play a lot of tables, you might have to play multiple sites.. the other option is to work on beating SH as well, so you can always switch to that if there aren't enough full tables running
      the SH tables are good and you wont find many fullring tables on higher levels

the micro limits are just like lotto and you get far better game on the PLO100 or PLO50 but they are still easy to beat
    • bellavec
      bellavec
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumoutthe other option is to work on beating SH as well, so you can always switch to that if there aren't enough full tables running
      yeah. that's what i thought.. but for a beginner i thought FR tables were the best, even cause i only studied pokerstrategy articles and they're bout FR...

could u give me some advice bout swtching to sh? should i be a little more loose postflop or something?

tx

Originally posted by curnowthe micro limits are just like lotto and you get far better game on the PLO100 or PLO50 but they are still easy to beat
      that's why i like microlimits, i wait for the nuts and i always find someone willing to give me his stack :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bellavec
      Originally posted by swissmoumoutthe other option is to work on beating SH as well, so you can always switch to that if there aren't enough full tables running
      yeah. that's what i thought.. but for a beginner i thought FR tables were the best, even cause i only studied pokerstrategy articles and they're bout FR...

could u give me some advice bout swtching to sh? should i be a little more loose postflop or something?
      I'm not good at PLO yet ^^ Just got Hwang's PLO book though :) I just play PLO100-200FR with a few hands on SH - but Sim87 plays mainly short-handed, maybe he can help out
    • curnow
      curnow
      Bronze
      bit off subject sorry is a great book on Pot Limit Omaha , well worth reading is ,

Secrets of Professional Pot-Limit Omaha: How to Win Big, Both Live and Online by Rolf Slotboom (Paperback - 12 Oct 2006)

Is mainly about cash omaha and he talks about his succesful small stack buy in strategy.
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      I think Titan and PokerStars had full ring tables at the very lowest stakes, at least. But I think people playing PL10 or PL25 simply prefer the shorthanded format, for some reason.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bellavec
      Hi guys,

i wanna ask for an advice.. since i'm a beginner, i'm playing PLO10 FR, but i cannot find a room with a big traffic at these tables..

i'm playing on stars but even there i never find more than 4 full tables..
      is there any other room in which i could find more players (consider that i'm italian, i cannot play on party...)

thanks a lot,
      bye
      The gamefinder page on Pokerscout.com has tons of info.