[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR A7o

• JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Table:

BU's additional stats

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A 7
      UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $0.35, 4 folds, BTN calls $0.35, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 2 8 A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.85) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($3.85) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $3.85 pot ($0.19 rake)
      Final Board: 2 8 A K T
      BTN showed Q A and won $3.66 ($1.81 net)
      Hero showed A 7 and lost (-$1.85 net)

Hi. It's kinda strange to steal blinds from UTG but I would like to know if it's doable. Table seemed tight and the fish in SB doesn't like to play oop so I'm not worrying about him.

As played I'm cbetting the flop, probably nothing about that. I think there are also some pocket pairs in his range, which he won't fold on one bet, since his f2cbet stat ip is on lower side. I decided to play c/c turn to let him bluff those pockets, but I also expect him to have AJ+ (maybe ATs ?).

But since I cannot tell if he turn those pockets into bluff (or if he doen't fold them on flop), should I directly c/f turn? His bet vs missed cbet stat is high but that's maybe because he often got it. Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop is fine if you leave the table before you have to pay the big blind as that table looks terrible to grind on

The Flop is not really good. What do you want to achieve? Betting for value? How many streets of value do you want to get (1,2 or 3?) If 1 or 2 ; would betting later make more sense as people are calling more (or less?)

Let me know :)
      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Yes, I was about to leave the table.

I think I have max 2 streets value. I would like to check/call flop check turn, then maybe call little bet on river. The best scenario would be if flop is checked around, I bet the turn and river is checked around too.

But I didn't check because of balancing. If I had pure bluff, I would bet too. But on the other hand I could check sets here. Well I have troubles finding creative lines against this kind of players because of deception. Not sure if it's important on my limit though.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JohnDoe1313
      Not sure if it's important on my limit though.
      I guess you answered your own question ;) I'm here to maximize my value, not to be balanced in a scenario that is not going to happen often

Best regards,
      Gerv