[NL2-NL10] KQs UTG NL10 SH

• muel294
      Preflop: In hindsight I don't even think I should be opening UTG here. Table is a mix of LP and LAG and a tight player, so with there being aggressive players behind me I think that I should fold pre.

Flop: Not sure there was any point c-betting this flop especially since the CO seems quite passive and doesnt like to fold postflop it seems from the few hands I have on him.

When I get called on the flop I was mostly putting the BB on AX/33 since I didn't expect him to be c/c'ing too lightly against me OOP and he seemed capable of folding hands. I was putting the CO on AX, gutshots, KX and smaller pairs when he calls given that he seemed LP.

Turn: Here I just wanted to keep betting for value against AX and at the time didn't want to play bet/broke vs a x/rai from the BB since I didnt think the BB would c/c KX or play c/c, x/rai with AX that wasn't AK.

I think I should either play b/f (because I don't think he is overplaying AX, bluffing too often or has a KX in his range) or chk behind for bluff induce or to make a thin value bet on the river and I don't think runner runner flush is too likely so I shouldn't worry about value/protection too much.

River: When he shoves I knew I was beat here but just thought " I haz trips, itz teh nutz...derp"

I'm just not correctly range assessing here I think. Because if I was I think it would be obvious that he rarely bluffs this way or has a weaker KX or overplays AX, despite some aggressive stats he had not shown himself to be very wreckless with any TP type hands.

iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $16.20
      SB: $10.00
      BB: $10.15 35/26/3/4/15/70hands
      Hero (UTG): $12.72
      CO: $10.00 18/12/1/0/29/62 hands

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.40, CO calls $0.40, fold, fold, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.25, 3 players) 3:heart: A:club: K:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.62, CO calls $0.62, BB calls $0.62

Turn: ($3.11, 3 players) K:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.55, fold, BB raises to $3.88, Hero calls $2.33

River: ($10.87, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets $5.25, Hero calls $5.25

BB shows 3:diamond: 3:club: (Full House, Threes full of Kings) (Pre 50%, Flop 96%, Turn 84%)
      Hero mucks Q:diamond: K:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 50%, Flop 4%, Turn 16%)
      BB wins $19.95
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello muel294,

Flop: Not the best spot to CB whilst you are multiway and it's very likely them to have an Ace here. Check it behind.

As played
      Turn: I'd be already scared here cause the guy could already have FH. So the only hope could be to Call for FH ourselves for the given odds but then also you have to plan to fold on river.
      River: So we should have been rather folding the hand instead of calling, we don't beat much whilst even FD got there.

Best Regards.