[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - QQ vs huge fish

• Farmarchist
      Hey veriz,

78/44/50h huge fish. He never folds to 3bet nor to Cbets.

I could check here now that my hands isn't an overpair anymore but vs that guy I think there is still enough of value.
      My plan is also to barrel a blank turn to check behind the river.

This completes some draws so I went for potcontrol

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1850321
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP: $101.33
      CO: $50.00
      Hero (BTN): $70.52
      SB: $31.92
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with Q :diamond: Q :heart:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1, CO calls $1, Hero raises to $5, 2 folds, MP calls $4, 1 fold

Flop: ($11.75) J :club: K :spade: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $7.50, MP calls $7.50

Turn: ($26.75) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($26.75) 5 :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks
  • 2 replies
    • Sjors777

Flop is fine for sure, this guy won't fold a j/9 i supose and besides he will have a draw occasionally.
      The turn does complete some hands, but i dont think we should immediately give him credit for a made hand. The problem that comes with a check-behind is that it wel induce a bluff on the river. I think this villain is the type of villain who is capable of bluffing on a river with atc. It might be a nice move to make a small turn bet, in order to prevent a river bluff. You seem to give villain 0 respect so I think you would call a small bet on a blank river, wouldn't you? If that is the case i rather make the small bet myself on the turn ;) If he checks the river we have an easy check behind.

On this river a check behind is the best play for sure.
    • veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

I would have played the same way in 3bet pot, even though he is super-loose I doubt that there is tons of value from a lot worse. Even a fish most likely wont try to bluff the river.

Turn doesn't complete only FD but also SD as T8 which fishy could even have. :D

Best Regards.