[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - A4s 3w

• Farmarchist
      Hey veriz,

SB 17/14/308h. 2.63AF. 67% foldtoCB.
      BB 78/44/70h huge fish. History from last hand with him:
      He opened BTN, I called 66. Flop A62. He CB 150% pot, I call. turn/river blanks and it goes ch/ch and he shows T3 without a draw.
      CO/BTN are nitty

I openraise because the guys behind me are nitty and I have position on the fish. He can easily call SC's which I dominate with my Ahi FD.

Went for potcontrol/bluffinduce

I have to call with our history

He has some Qx so I just folded. What do we do on a blank river where he pots it?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1850325
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $56.76
      UTG: $50.00
      Hero (MP): $92.79
      CO: $55.90
      BTN: $54.54
      SB: $59.59

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with A :club: 4 :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) J :diamond: A :spade: 7 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.50) K :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $4.30, Hero calls $4.30, SB folds

River: ($13.10) T :diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $12.51, Hero folds
  • 4 replies
    • Sjors777
      First of all, I wonder how you can c/c a midset vs this guy on the t and r in the previous hand against villain.

Secondly, I think pre and flop are fine. Turn you have a call against this villain indeed. The river is a obv fold, so I like the hand as played.
      Don't forget that there are only 24 clean river blanks (2,3,5-9). If the river does blank and villain pots you are in a pickle indeed ;)
      I think I cry call against this tard, since he just seems to be spewing chips around. The only hand he possibly has that are beating you are 77/a7/k7/kj.
      In anny case you should call a river bet on a blank if you call a turn bet in this spot. If this villain pots on the turn, he will be able to pot again for sure.
    • veriz
      Hello Farmarchist,

Nah, I would have played most likely the same way. Nice hand! Doubt that we have beat much on the river. Not really the greatest river to hero-call, if it's a blank river I'd Call.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Originally posted by Sjors777
      First of all, I wonder how you can c/c a midset vs this guy on the t and r in the previous hand against villain.
      By the overbet is range was very polarized. I wanted to keep his bluffs in play.
      If I bet the turn/river myself he will continue with the hands he would bet anyways but he folds his bluffs.
    • BadeaCelRau
      I'd say this is pretty clear.

He bluffed only once in position and gave up -> multiple streets are probably not bluffs especially out of position when even fish are tighter.

When he bets on the turn he probably has a piece of that board because fish always love the broadways and they rarely turn made hands into bluffs. He can't have 26o and turn into an elaborate bluff "i'll bet the turn and also bet the river on a scare card'. He probably has hands like Qx, KQ, JT OTR and we have to notice that all possible broadways hit better than TPNK