[NL2-NL10] NL 10: TT 3Bet/fold <> LAG

    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1850504
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      CO: $10.63 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 13, AF: 3.2, Hands: 86
      BTN: $7.48 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 28, 3B: 2, AF: 2.3, Hands: 155
      Hero (SB): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 20, 3B: 5, AF: 3.8, Hands: 105891
      BB: $10.10 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 17, 3B: 6, AF: 0.0, Hands: 42

      Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with T :diamond: T :heart:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1.10, 1 fold, BTN raises to $7.48, 1 fold

      The problems here arise for me once villain pushes AI. I expected villain to call quite often unless he has a strong hand, but looking at this hand again I am not sure 3Bet/folding is the best. I think it is, but I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this! Villain has so far faced only one 3Bet and against it he called.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello Avatars91,

      If I am 3betting for value vs such a maniac then I am also planning to go broke. I wouldn't really be folding here. Or either we just flat it and play postflop. :)

      Best Regards.
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      Would you go broke if villain was full-stacked?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Would you go broke if villain was full-stacked?
      Against what kind of opponent are we? :) We can't say just from 3 stats if we can go broke there or not.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Joined: 06.03.2009 Posts: 2,867
      Originally posted by Avatars91



      BTN: $7.48 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 28, 3B: 2, AF: 2.3, Hands: 155


      He got a low 3 bet stat, but then I would assume his 4 bet stat is even tighter.

      Anyway I would prob play it postflop instead of risking him flatting and we will have to play a 3 bet oop.

      It is by far more logic that he spews postflop then preflop.
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      I should probably just ask it differently: if all you knew about this opponent were these 3 stats, would you prefer calling to 3Bet/calling?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I should probably just ask it differently: if all you knew about this opponent were these 3 stats, would you prefer calling to 3Bet/calling?
      As said above that I would 3bet & go broke instead of 3bet/Folding.
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      quote: Originally posted by Avatars91 I should probably just ask it differently: if all you knew about this opponent were these 3 stats, would you prefer calling to 3Bet/calling?

      As said above that I would 3bet & go broke instead of 3bet/Folding.


      I meant 3Betting/going broke vs just simply cold calling his openraise. Which would be the better one? I guess cold calling.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      quote: Originally posted by Avatars91 I should probably just ask it differently: if all you knew about this opponent were these 3 stats, would you prefer calling to 3Bet/calling?

      As said above that I would 3bet & go broke instead of 3bet/Folding.


      I meant 3Betting/going broke vs just simply cold calling his openraise. Which would be the better one? I guess cold calling.
      If you plan to 3bet/Fold then of course calling is better to keep his range wide.