NL4 playing with 250BB

• keywiz
      keywiz
      Bronze
      Hi,

trying to play the BSS strategy at NL4 shorthanded tables. Just wondering: if I manage to win quite a few BB ( 100BB to 250BB ), should I continue playing or leave the table and find another one to start with a 100BB again. This strategy is advised and perhaps even obligatory at SSS or MSS.

I know it is to do with comfort at the table and I do not feel worse by playing with 250BB ( except for the slight worry to lose more if I end up in a large pot with another deep-stacked player ). On the other hand, perhaps the large stacks at the table tend to get more respect and it is easier to steal with a 3bet from a loose/fish perspective? (or does this apply more to tournaments?)

So from the strategic side, what would you advise?

Thanks a lot ;]
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      < Moved your thread to correct section >
    • marckaraujo
      marckaraujo
      Bronze
      Actually my strategy is change tablet when i get 200BB, when you are big is easier to steal but people also fold more before flop, so you get less action and they take even more care against play with you.

My win rate atm is BB/100:32,7

Good luck.
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Simply you are the only one that can answer that question. Are you comfortble with your 200 bb+ game? Is there fish at the table? If there is, do you have position on them? Do you have any regs that likes to 3 bet that got position on you?

That is some simple questions to ask yourself.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      The information in the bss section is about 100bb play. So I would recommend you leave and find a new table (unless there is a whale to your right) until you gain more experience and are comfortable with deep stack play.
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I definitely feel it is very profitable playing on a larger stack. People always seem to fear getting it in with a large stack so big bluffs/steals can become easier. Usually when I get double the stack their are a lot of fish at the table so staying usually is the right choice.