Live cash game tilt question

• BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      Hello... last few sessions I had this problem, when playing live cash game with my friends. (We usually play 4-5 hours long sessions, sometimes even more.) I have problems with tilting, when I am frustruated with lack of good hands. It is very boring to fold hands like 82, Q4, J5, 23 etc. and watch others playing with their (at least) ace high... What should I do to be more patient - so I can get over this frustrating part with no hands? What do you do? You see, when I am sitting there for hours with no good hand, I start to think that I have to play my good hand until the end, when it finally comes... and that means disastrous ending, of course.. Thx for any feedback...
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Just entertain yourself while not playing, eg a MP3 player with your favourite music etc.
      Also being Patient is part of the game.
    • mintogo
      mintogo
      Bronze
      In a home game it is for small stakes right? Well play more hands and just enjoy. In home games there are a lot of limped pots just limp along with many hands and show ur postflop skills.
    • BuchoCZ
      BuchoCZ
      Black
      gerv: patience is one thing, but sitting there and folding is another... I would love to hope that there comes a salvation somewhen :-)

mintogo: small blinds, but the pots are often very huge.. there are some maniacs playing and even when I think I have the edge... I simply cant call preflop raise with J6o etc... of course I DO play hands like QTo even after raise, just to see flop (and to feel alive for a while)... but (lately) most of the time, I uncover only trash...
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Well you surely must have got some Upswings regarding card dealing during your 5 hour session.. otherwise you might suspect cheat shuffling etc.

Yes, everyone has a period in which he always fold etc. - I think that is just a part of the game.
      Just stay focused, iPODs with Videos will also do the trick. Watching the movie that has just been released or something (pr0n) ;)