This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl20 Extra Equity on Turn Decision

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $20.60 (103 bb)
      UTG: $6 (30 bb)
      MP: $22.37 (111.9 bb)
      CO: $5.36 (26.8 bb)
      BTN: $19.80 (99 bb)
      Hero (SB): $22.10 (110.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5 4
      2 folds, CO calls $0.20, BTN folds, Hero completes, BB raises to $1.20, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.60) 7 6 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($6.60) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.40, Hero???????

Maybe a mistake just calling preflop in this spot but I don't think it's too bad. Anyhow, I decided to peel a flop. No way I can fold on this flop by my question is about the turn. I pick up a ton more equity so what is the best play here? Is this a check/raise, a check/shove, a lead-out or just a call? Villain is a reg playing 15/13 so he obviously can have a lot of strong aces in his range but we've been messing each other around a lot on different tables so not necessarily as this was a perfect spot for him to squeeze preflop with any 2. I had a plan to lead any :heart: on the turn but the A :heart: was a card that actually confused me as he can rep the Ace better than I can and my line wouldn't make too much sense. What do you think?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: As you said yourself already, mistake in calling.

As played
      Postflop: If we Check/Raise the turn then it means Check/Shove, there is no other way to play it anyways there. But the question if we should do that, just according the VPIP/PFR it's difficult to say what kind of range he CBs the flop, what kind of range he CBs the turn and many more factors like W$SD. The Ace very often also improves his CBetting range whilst he will have a lot of them, is he capable of folding it? -> Take a look at W$SD and decide, also tell me his hands sample.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

As played
      Postflop: If we Check/Raise the turn then it means Check/Shove, there is no other way to play it anyways there. But the question if we should do that, just according the VPIP/PFR it's difficult to say what kind of range he CBs the flop, what kind of range he CBs the turn and many more factors like W$SD. The Ace very often also improves his CBetting range whilst he will have a lot of them, is he capable of folding it? -> Take a look at W$SD and decide, also tell me his hands sample.

Best Regards.

Ok, well overall it's a pretty small sample of 1000 hands:

VPIP/PFR: 14/12
      W$SD: 56%
      W$WSF:44.8%
      3bet:7.6

Let me know what you think based on this info.

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

As played

Best Regards.

Ok, well overall it's a pretty small sample of 1000 hands:

VPIP/PFR: 14/12
      W$SD: 56%
      W$WSF:44.8%
      3bet:7.6

Let me know what you think based on this info.

Thanks
      Check/Calling wont work out here vs such a guy cause he rarely is going to pay you vs your donk on the river. So only option is Check/Raise but most likely the Ace helping also a lot his range it might be safer to just leave it alone, we can't be even sure if he is capable of folding the Ace.