[NL20-NL50] nl20 Extra Equity on Turn Decision

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $20.60 (103 bb)
      UTG: $6 (30 bb)
      MP: $22.37 (111.9 bb)
      CO: $5.36 (26.8 bb)
      BTN: $19.80 (99 bb)
      Hero (SB): $22.10 (110.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5 4
      2 folds, CO calls $0.20, BTN folds, Hero completes, BB raises to $1.20, CO folds, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.60) 7 6 Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($6.60) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $4.40, Hero???????

Maybe a mistake just calling preflop in this spot but I don't think it's too bad. Anyhow, I decided to peel a flop. No way I can fold on this flop by my question is about the turn. I pick up a ton more equity so what is the best play here? Is this a check/raise, a check/shove, a lead-out or just a call? Villain is a reg playing 15/13 so he obviously can have a lot of strong aces in his range but we've been messing each other around a lot on different tables so not necessarily as this was a perfect spot for him to squeeze preflop with any 2. I had a plan to lead any :heart: on the turn but the A :heart: was a card that actually confused me as he can rep the Ace better than I can and my line wouldn't make too much sense. What do you think?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: As you said yourself already, mistake in calling.

As played
      Postflop: If we Check/Raise the turn then it means Check/Shove, there is no other way to play it anyways there. But the question if we should do that, just according the VPIP/PFR it's difficult to say what kind of range he CBs the flop, what kind of range he CBs the turn and many more factors like W$SD. The Ace very often also improves his CBetting range whilst he will have a lot of them, is he capable of folding it? -> Take a look at W$SD and decide, also tell me his hands sample.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

As played
      Postflop: If we Check/Raise the turn then it means Check/Shove, there is no other way to play it anyways there. But the question if we should do that, just according the VPIP/PFR it's difficult to say what kind of range he CBs the flop, what kind of range he CBs the turn and many more factors like W$SD. The Ace very often also improves his CBetting range whilst he will have a lot of them, is he capable of folding it? -> Take a look at W$SD and decide, also tell me his hands sample.

Best Regards.

Ok, well overall it's a pretty small sample of 1000 hands:

VPIP/PFR: 14/12
      W$SD: 56%
      W$WSF:44.8%
      3bet:7.6

Let me know what you think based on this info.

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

As played

Best Regards.

Ok, well overall it's a pretty small sample of 1000 hands:

VPIP/PFR: 14/12
      W$SD: 56%
      W$WSF:44.8%
      3bet:7.6

Let me know what you think based on this info.

Thanks
      Check/Calling wont work out here vs such a guy cause he rarely is going to pay you vs your donk on the river. So only option is Check/Raise but most likely the Ace helping also a lot his range it might be safer to just leave it alone, we can't be even sure if he is capable of folding the Ace.