[NL20-NL50] nl20 QQ 3bet Pot

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $5.08 (25.4 bb)
      UTG: $26.47 (132.4 bb)
      MP: $33.78 (168.90 bb)
      CO: $21.13 (105.7 bb)
      BTN: $4.40 (22 bb)
      Hero (SB): $29.72 (148.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q Q
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.60, BB folds, MP calls $1.80

Flop: ($5.40) T A 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.20, MP raises to $29.41, Hero folds

Results:
      $13.80 pot ($0.69 rake)
      Final Board: T A 2
      MP mucked and won $13.11 ($6.31 net)
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$6.80 net)

Ok, all pretty standard preflop. I didn't like it when he just called my 3bet but, to be honest, I wasn't sure if I was too happy playing for stacks considering we were a bit deeper.

Of course the Ace comes on the flop as standard, so is my lead out here wrong? What about bet size, is it too big or ok? Should I just check it here? Of course I want to rep the Ace so is bet fold here ok? What's the best line here. No reads on villain.

Thanks
  • 5 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      looks good to me but your cbet its kidna huge 2/3 is enough :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

From what do you get value on the flop? What better hands to do you make to fold? What's the purpose of the CB? :)

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

From what do you get value on the flop? What better hands to do you make to fold? What's the purpose of the CB? :)

Best Regards.

Yes, I hear you but I always feel that he can just bluff me with his whole range if I check back in this spot and I'll fold the best hand a lot of the time. My hand's just face up. I guess I'm just trying to keep him honest and maybe make him think twice with his KK, AQs type hands, but this is why I posted the hand. So I should check it back as a standard line vs an unknown in this spot right?

Thanks
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      hello veriz

do we always have to cbet for value ?

i cbet in these flops for the reason ghartman sayed! i am afraid that if i check behind worse hands will make me fold .

ofcourse it depends from the villian cause there are some guys that almost never fold to 3bet and some others that only call with AK QQ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What hands? It's a 3bet pot he often times wont try to bluff you off the pot here, you could as well play Ax hands this way. :) CB the flop and then Check/Folding is the worst play whilst you don't get called from worse and he just takes stab on the turn maybe with draws as GS.