[NL2-NL10] K2s VS possible straight

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Unknown villain: 50vpip, 13pfr from 8 hands.

My question: is the river play +EV in the long run? I did a blocking bet, planning to fold to a big raise, but against a min-raise, I get very good odds (I need to win 15% to be +EV).

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $5.47
      MP2:
      $0.82
      MP3:
      $0.89
      CO:
      $2.05
      BU:
      $2.17
      SB (Hero):
      $5.37
      BB:
      $5.33
      UTG2:
      $3.68

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, 2.
      3 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, CO folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 2, K, T (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BB folds, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.2) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.17, BU calls $0.17.

River: ($0.54) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.20.

Final Pot: $1.34.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, kings and twos(K 2).
      BU shows a straight, king high(K J).

BU wins with a straight, king high(K J).
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Rather don't complete such hands if you have tough time to fold those type of hands. You have actually easy Check/Fold on the river cause not many worse hands pay you and if you even Bet then Bet/Fold it.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Rather don't complete such hands if you have tough time to fold those type of hands. You have actually easy Check/Fold on the river cause not many worse hands pay you and if you even Bet then Bet/Fold it.

Best Regards.
      I just really dont want to check/fold against a bluff on the last street. The guy got the perfect scare card to do it, and that is whay I did this little bet.

I agree, that I should have folded even against a min-raise. But if I check, he can bluff with basically and two cards.

What do you think?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      overestimating bluffing frequency imo. :f_biggrin:

that said i think that there maaay be some thin value otr vs worse twopair (as you did) but minraise is going to be Jx like 95% of the time. you don't get your 15% :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      I just really dont want to check/fold against a bluff on the last street. The guy got the perfect scare card to do it, and that is whay I did this little bet.

I agree, that I should have folded even against a min-raise. But if I check, he can bluff with basically and two cards.

What do you think?
      Mate you have serious problems with laying down your hands. I can assure you are wasting tons of money, especially in freeplay pots which should be only earning spots.

What worse pays you on the river?!