Fifty50 or just.. Flip

• jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Chips Over Chicks ( my motto)

Hello,

My name is Nikolay and I'm from Bulgaria. I have a blog in my PS community , but it's not so active and there aren't really much people into poker format which I started to play recently, so i don't really get any usefull help. I hope here to find kind people , ready to help. This is ofcourse why i start this blog, because I want to talk with other pros and get some advices. I will start with some information about me:

Name: Nikolay
      Years: 19
      Nationality: Bulgaria
      Poker format: Fifty50
      Poker limit: 1,50

There's no much to say about me. I graduated this year and I'm going to college after 2 months. Now I work and don't have really much time for playing, but i do my best.

History of poker:

I started playing poker about 1 year ago. A friend of mine told me about the game and we started playing in PokerStars with playmoney. After that i decided to make deposit but nothing serious. After some unsuccesful deposits I won a satelit to the sunday milion and decited to play, but i finished the tournament in the first hour when i got busted with Top 2 and nut flush draw on the turn. After that, I won 1.10$ tournament and cashed ~423$.
      I bought Holdem Manager and thougt i was going to grind some money but It didn't work very well , because on that time after a badbeat i got into tilt really often and spend all the money on hyper turbo SNG's.

Right now,

I won 90$ from the MicroMillions Main event and decited to start playing Fifty50, starting with 30$ bankroll. I play from 23.07.2012.

In the beggining, i had really big problems on the bubble, but right now i think i play better. I was going to be on the higher ( 3, 5 ) limit if i didn't play some MTT's and trying some 3,5 sng's where I was running really bad. Now i blocked all formats and limits on pokerstars. I can only play 1,5 SNG's.

This is my statistic for 1.5:

When i started to play i used to play tight, but from this month i started playing more aggresivly. I'm trying to be 1st most of the time.
      You'll really help me if you tell me how do you play in the early phase of the tournaments ? What's your range of open raise from early and 3bet , 3bet call, 4bet fishes and regulars. I don't really know how to play AK in the early , because i know that most of the time its going to be a flip, but i dont like flips and it's not profitable for the future.

I have some goals for August and i will try to accomplish them:

- atleast 1500 sng's
      - move to the 3,5
      - increase my 1st - 2nd places and decrease my 6th's
      - silver in PokerStars
      - gold in PokerStrategy

Okay, this is from me. If you have any questions you can ask. :f_grin:
      (Sorry for bad english )
  • 12 replies
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      Nice introduction. Good Luck with your goals. Will follow this one.
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Thank you.

--

Today and yesterday looks like i don't run good. Actually i run awful. The variation is killing me. This is what i'm talking about. This is the graph for the last 2 days.

of course i do some mistakes but, when i run like this i just hate the game :(

soon i hope to be in some kind of a upswing, because it's not normal to lose 4 times in a row your Aces, like i did today.

Okay, this is for me now, i don't have really much time because i have to go to work. Next 2 days i'll have enough time and I'll try to make good quantity of SNG's.

hf
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      sng/tournaments never sit well with me. I feel the payday can be to long and it seems easier to me to get higher lvls on cash games for pokerstars.
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Well , i don't agree. In my opinion , SNG's can be very profitable. Of course on this limit, it's very hard to make big money, but on the higher limits i think seems a lot of easier and faster than cash games.

My big goal is to play high MTT's. I'm not really a cash player. Of course i've never tried to play cash seriously. More often LIVE. This summer i spend some time playing live in Sunny Beach, Bulgaria. I didn't do very well. I played like 3-4 times on 1/2E and eventually i was down about 1 BI.

Next year, if i make a good profit , i want to play all summer LIVE games. It's really +EV. There are a lot of fishes in here. I mean really bad players. Like go all in with Q4 for 200-300 euro. Of course they are tourists and on the other time of the year , it's hard to find live games.

For now my biggest problem is the variation. I'm not in big downswing or something but it's been 20 days since i started to play and i've played like 900 SNG's. I made 50$ profit when i was on the 200th tournament and it haven't changed until now. I started the month with a bad session and still trying be on plus.

I think i have to spend some time in reviewing my game. I should make a review of my game in HM , but I don't really know what to do and what to looking for. Maybe i will just view some random hands and try to find mistakes. If anyone could help me with that and tell me how to analize my game, i'll be very grateful. Also I was told that SNG wizard is very good program, but i don't have really 100$ to buy it. Maybe in the future.
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Hello,

today was kind of a good day. Unlucky but anaways. I wake up in 17:00 and started to play poker. I played 300 sng's. Made a profit of 4.50$. After that i got a brake and 2 friends came by. Sent 10$ to a friend and we played together. I played some Fifty50's , he MTT's. After 20 sng's i'm 2$+.

My friend made a final table on a 2,20[6-max]. We were short most of the time and when we were 5 ppl ( all of them big fishes) we had KK. One of the biggest stacks called and showed AJ. Unfortunatly, Ace came on the turn and we took 155$. We split the money and now i think i have big enough bankroll for the next limit but i don't think i would shot right now. I have a good profit on 1 ,5 but still I'm not sure because im still in a downswing. After 1-2 good sessions i think i'll try the 3,5's.

Tomorrow will try to play a little bit more. I need to make more tournaments. I want to get the silver on PokerStars but need 434 VPPs. Until now i've made 315 VPPs .. Of course if I play on the higher level it would be easier.

I'm addicted to poker lol :baby:
    • DrKillByDeath187
      DrKillByDeath187
      Bronze
      Nice start. You can use the trial for SNG wiz for a little bit, I added you in the community. Best of luck in the future.
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Yeah, I know I should try it , but my trial version has expired long time ago and i can't affort it right know.
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      The last 3 days,

bankroll: 122$
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Познати играчи:
      MP2: 737 - 3 bb
      MP3: 2505 - 10 bb
      CO: 3615 - 14 bb
      BU: 2420 - 10 bb
      SB: 3448 - 14 bb
      BB: 2275 - 9 bb

125/250 No Limit Hold'em Турнир (Играчи: 6)
      Ръката е записана с:PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.0.50815.2

Префлоп: Hero е MP3 с J:spade: , 8:club:
      Hero плаща анте (30), 5 , SB плаща малък блинд (125), BB плаща голям блинд (250), MP2 фолд, Hero рейз до 542, 3 фолд, BB calls

Флоп: (1389 - 6 bb) T:diamond: , 8:heart: , 4:spade: (2 Играчи)
      BB залага 1389, Hero фолд, BB прибира неколнат залог (1389)

all behind me are tight, BB is 42/20 fish with a big % fold to steal. The next guy had 700 chips and was the big blind next hand. What should I do ? btw he instant shoved there, i really thought i was ahead , i dont know
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Yey, achieved Gold :f_biggrin:

• jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Hello guys, its been a week from my last update.

Okay,

august is gone, its a new months, i hope new adventures and achievements. ( wondering what adventures :f_confused: , well life is a adventure. poker also)

About poker:

I cant complain about the last month. I think i played well and gave the best from me. I made only ~1500 SNGs but that's the maximum i could because of my work.

This is my graph.

I def beat the 1,5. Im in sort of a downsing on 3,5 limit. Just don't run good. This month I will start again with playing 1,5 because i needed to withdrawl 100$ from my bankroll. I was able to make gold in pokerstrategy and silver in pokerstars.

For september i have the same goals like august.

:heart: 1200-1500 SNGs
      :heart: gold in Ps
      :heart: silver in PS
      :heart: crushing 3,5

BR: 73.25

This is from me,

:f_love:
    • jaarJaar
      jaarJaar
      Bronze
      Guys, want to ask you something. What are you doing with your FPP in PokerStars? Whats the most profitable format or just to take tickets?