[NL2-NL10] KTo, min3bet preflop, JQJr...

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - View hand 1850960
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $1.28 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 6
      Hero (MP): $2.24 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 0, AF: 2,6, Hands: 170
      CO: $2.06 - VPIP: 40, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5
      BTN: $4.02 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 6
      SB: $1.32 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 14
      BB: $4.91 - VPIP: 60, PFR: 40, 3B: 100, AF: 5,0, Hands: 5
      UTG: $5.00 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is MP with T :diamond: K :heart:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.21) J :spade: Q :heart: J :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.12, BB calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.45) K :diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.45) 4 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.46, Hero folds
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

Not much you could have done there, I'd play the same way. Might even sometimes just Check the flop cause it could be very often a trap.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) What kind of range does villain most likely have when check/calling the flop in this spot?
      2) Had villain's bet on the river been smaller, would you consider a call?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      1) What kind of range does villain most likely have when check/calling the flop in this spot?
      Well, one thing is certain: he wouldnt bet anything weaker then KT. With jus a weak K, or Q, he would never bet pot for value.
      I wouldnt even call a 40% bet here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why would you try to think what's his range here when he has super loose range. He could have anything, maybe even J2s. :D And if it's rather smaller bet on the river which looks like block-bet then yes, we could consider doing that but it has to be rather lower one.
      Bronze
      Why would you try to think what's his range here when he has super loose range. He could have anything, maybe even J2s.

It's just that if I was in this spot and I saw that after min3Betting preflop villain chooses to check call on this particular flop I would be somewhat left clueless as about what villain could have. Based on what range I put him on the flop I have to base my further decisions, right?

I am simply trying to improve my hand reading a bit. Sure, if villain is a donkey then regular thought processes probably don't apply but still, if we assign at least some level of competency to our opponent then we could maybe assume that villain often has a bluffcatcher on the flop since a stronger hand would try and get more money in the pot. Villain also chooses to check the turn, which might be another indication of a bluffcatcher (we could assume that villain is check/raising flop or at least donking turn with a strong hand). That leaves me with a question – can we not consider betting for a free showdown/protection on the turn?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Why would you try to think what's his range here when he has super loose range. He could have anything, maybe even J2s.

It's just that if I was in this spot and I saw that after min3Betting preflop villain chooses to check call on this particular flop I would be somewhat left clueless as about what villain could have. Based on what range I put him on the flop I have to base my further decisions, right?

I am simply trying to improve my hand reading a bit. Sure, if villain is a donkey then regular thought processes probably don't apply but still, if we assign at least some level of competency to our opponent then we could maybe assume that villain often has a bluffcatcher on the flop since a stronger hand would try and get more money in the pot. Villain also chooses to check the turn, which might be another indication of a bluffcatcher (we could assume that villain is check/raising flop or at least donking turn with a strong hand). That leaves me with a question – can we not consider betting for a free showdown/protection on the turn?
      That's good that you are trying to improve your hand reading but you are starting from doing with a guy who has unrealistic range which usually will be very wide. But usually as everyone of us should understand it's in those situations going to be more of made hand. So put made hand in his range. :P

Yes, betting the turn is possible but neither I wouldn't say that your play is wrong.