This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

software for counting # hands?

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Hi I am looking for some sort of software, which keeps track of the nr of hands I played at WPT. I just started playing the new fast forward for about 4 hours 1-tabling at 0.02/0.04 (and am up by 12$ :f_cool: ), and I would like to keep track of my sample size. I do not need a programm like PT3 or something like that, just anything to count #hands played and possibly my BR. Would be cool if someone has advise on that.

I could of cours just count the time played, and rely on the the 1200 hands/h which is displayed in the lobby. but i am not sure whether this number is true (PP would benefit from a high number, as it would be good advertisement). If someone can confirm the 1200 number (or give a more realistic one), this would already help me:-)

A third way of counting hands comes from the side-kick program, but that does not track fast-forward hands yet:(
  • 4 replies
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Fast fold games are generally only 1200 hands per hour if you are playing 4 tables, and folding really fast the many hands you don't play.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      thanks, I more or less expected that this 1200 hands is a pure lie^^

I took a look at the hand history, I forgot how readable and easy it is at WTP/PP :D I made a simple script to just count the number of hands. Still it would be cool if there is any program which also tracks the BR (not possible with such a script because afaik rebuys are not visible in the hand histories) :s_cool:

If anyone is interested in the script:

@files = <C:/temps/*.txt>; #copy all needed histories in that folder
      foreach $file (@files) {
      $session++;
      open (FILE, "<$file");
      while($line= <FILE> ){
      $counter++ if $line =~ /#Game No :/;
      }
      close FILE;
      }
      print "done. $counter hands in $session sessions.\n";
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Bronze

not a pure lie, though I played really fast last 19k hands. average 1100-1200h/hrs
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      oh cool, thanks a lot. I suppose you are playing 4 tables?
      I think it is save to assume 300 hands/hour then (when you have action on 4 tables, you won't be as quick as when playing 1, so with increasing # tables the hands/table should decrease). I'll see what my PERLscript says to that. btw I'm up by 30€ now (after just 6 hours), I think I like that game:D