software for counting # hands?

• farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      Hi I am looking for some sort of software, which keeps track of the nr of hands I played at WPT. I just started playing the new fast forward for about 4 hours 1-tabling at 0.02/0.04 (and am up by 12$ :f_cool: ), and I would like to keep track of my sample size. I do not need a programm like PT3 or something like that, just anything to count #hands played and possibly my BR. Would be cool if someone has advise on that.

I could of cours just count the time played, and rely on the the 1200 hands/h which is displayed in the lobby. but i am not sure whether this number is true (PP would benefit from a high number, as it would be good advertisement). If someone can confirm the 1200 number (or give a more realistic one), this would already help me:-)

A third way of counting hands comes from the side-kick program, but that does not track fast-forward hands yet:(
  • 4 replies
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Fast fold games are generally only 1200 hands per hour if you are playing 4 tables, and folding really fast the many hands you don't play.
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      thanks, I more or less expected that this 1200 hands is a pure lie^^

I took a look at the hand history, I forgot how readable and easy it is at WTP/PP :D I made a simple script to just count the number of hands. Still it would be cool if there is any program which also tracks the BR (not possible with such a script because afaik rebuys are not visible in the hand histories) :s_cool:

If anyone is interested in the script:

@files = <C:/temps/*.txt>; #copy all needed histories in that folder
      foreach $file (@files) {
      $session++;
      open (FILE, "<$file");
      while($line= <FILE> ){
      $counter++ if $line =~ /#Game No :/;
      }
      close FILE;
      }
      print "done. $counter hands in $session sessions.\n";
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver

not a pure lie, though I played really fast last 19k hands. average 1100-1200h/hrs
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      oh cool, thanks a lot. I suppose you are playing 4 tables?
      I think it is save to assume 300 hands/hour then (when you have action on 4 tables, you won't be as quick as when playing 1, so with increasing # tables the hands/table should decrease). I'll see what my PERLscript says to that. btw I'm up by 30€ now (after just 6 hours), I think I like that game:D