Do not play on Unibet

• nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      I started playing on Unibet on July 28th 2012, I could play for 3 days before my account was locked due to the need of ID verification procedure (wtf?) ok, I willfully provide all the necessary documents and explanation the same day. It has now been 12 days and I still cannot play, even though they promised I would be able to play yesterday!! X(

When I went to the Live Chat to ask what went wrong, they told me it was my computer or my country or something....I'm gonna spare you guys all the details of what happened in those 12 days (you can find it on the Dutch subforum) but I just decided that fuck them, I'm just gonna cash out and play elsewhere. This madness has to stop

[Edited by HollyMichelle]
  • 54 replies
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Deposit via Skrill?

As soon as i can withdraw, i'm gone!

Not going to play a single hand.

I understand these things are necessary, but its the lack of information and the way things are handled i find unacceptable.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by nickvdb1990
      When I went to the Live Chat to ask what went wrong, they told me it was my computer or my country or something....
      Sorry to hear about your frustration.
      Have you contacted PokerStrategy.com customer support?

On other thing that might apply:
      If your country borders on one that is banned, it is possible that your IP address appears to be coming from the wrong country.

This happened recently to a member who lived near a US military installation -- their address appeared to be coming from the base, and of course US players cannot play. I don't remember what room was involved though.

So have a quick check w/ your ISP to see if that might be a problem.

Good luck...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi nickvdb1990,

I understand your frustrations but I had to make a few edits to your post above. Whilst member feedback is of great importance to us I did not appreciate the words you used and would kindly ask you to tone down in the future.

Have you contacted our customer support regarding this issue. I am certain our excellent support team will do their very best for you in this matter.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hi nickvdb1990,

I understand your frustrations but I had to make a few edits to your post above. Whilst member feedback is of great importance to us I did not appreciate the words you used and would kindly ask you to tone down in the future.

Have you contacted our customer support regarding this issue. I am certain our excellent support team will do their very best for you in this matter.

Best regards,
      Gary
      Sigh yeah I've ranted to a PS employee and to the PS support, already.
      I really feel like this doesn't convey the seriousness of the issue at hand, and people should know what they are getting into.

Anyway, I asked today if there was any progress, or at least an ETA (this is day 13), and I got a not so surprising "DUNNO LOL"
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      I'm sure it will be sorted very soon for you nickvdb1990 :)
    • nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      I'm sure it will be sorted very soon for you nickvdb1990 :)
      This naiveté and optimism reminds me of a young me. Only two weeks younger though.
    • nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      Unibet just stopped caring completely.

Amy
      Hi welcome to Unibet, I'm Amy how can I help you?
      Nick
      Hi amy
      Nick
      Since it's been 14 days, I assume you have good news about my account?
      Amy has ended the chat.
    • Dodozz
      Dodozz
      Bronze

Amy
      Nick
      Hi amy
      Nick
      Amy has ended the chat.
      Oh lol, really strange.. There are just some good Poker rooms to play as I see..
    • BadBojo
      BadBojo
      Gold
      I was going to deposit in Unibet next month, but now i'm not so sure about that.
      Thanks for sharing that info.
    • bettingstation
      bettingstation
      Bronze
      wow... me too i want to play in unibet but now I will think more than 10 times...
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      Im currently playing on unibet, i had to sens a copy of my id card and a copy of my billing adress. Take about 1 week before being able to play and now everything is allright.
    • lnternet
      lnternet
      Bronze
      two days until they unlocked my account

seems reasonable to me. seems like your money is in good hands there actually.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze

Amy
      Nick
      Hi amy
      Nick
      Amy has ended the chat.
      May I suggest to you to learn how to communicate for better results ? I don't think your style of speaking with them helps in any way.

And I'll say it again for all of you that want to play on any poker site: Verify your account before you deposit (Id and some bill)
    • nickvdb1990
      nickvdb1990
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      May I suggest to you to learn how to communicate for better results ? I don't think your style of speaking with them helps in any way.
      Yeah I realize that, but it's not hard to imagine that I was getting pretty frustrated at that time.
      And that still doesn't justify their actions, it makes them even worse in my opinion.
      Ignoring the frustrated (but reasonable) player is not a good way to deal with him, it's a lot better to talk to him and help him.
      On top of that, I was using a sarcastic undertone which is not polite, true, but I have been patient throughout most of the procedure, and cooperative + reasonable throughout all of it. Which can't be said about Unibet.

Originally posted by DeMarcohsp
      And I'll say it again for all of you that want to play on any poker site: Verify your account before you deposit (Id and some bill)
      Yes, I guess I learned the hard way.... PS should tell their players too, imo. So less players will have to find out the hard way.

So I withdrew all my money through bank transfer, it arrived safely and correctly so now my Unibet nightmare is over for good.
      By the way, as of now, August 24th, I still cannot login, for the 25th consecutive day, but I guess they stopped trying to fix my account (implying they started trying at first :rolleyes: ) when I withdrew.

Still, don't play on Unibet.
    • Skodljivec
      Skodljivec
      Bronze
      I made the withdrawal from them for the same exact reason. I just don't see the logic that you can't play while you verify your acc. I understand the need to verify to cashout, but to play? And to wait because of them? How do you think fish feel? Oh looky, a good looking site... Whaat? I can't play here? Ok, i'll go to another. Idiots imho
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Could you please add me on skype: ingrid.nagy.ps because I'm here to help anytime if you guys happen to have issues like this.

I'm sorry, only got here now.

Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey guys,

My chosen site is Unibet, I've played on over 20 different rooms in my life and I really feel safe here. I know a lot of the guys who work at UNibet and their customer service (past the initial international calling rooms) is really great.

The software is great and they are one of the biggest rooms on Microgaming and anybody who works in gaming knows that Microgaming are ambitious and always looking to better theirselves to help player conditions.

I understand that sometimes things go wrong, almost every single company in poker has dropped a bollock, even PokerStars did, but I would recommned to persevere here and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it would be best if we could get a unibet representative to come on here and speak. It's bank holiday weekend at the moment but after the weekend lets see what we can do.

Thanks and have a great weekend
      Patrick.
    • Jackalof
      Jackalof
      Bronze
      I would love to play on Unibet just to piss OP off, but alas - you cannot register to this room unless you are Amish (apparently Amish people still receive paper bills. Unibet support feed on paper bills). Go figure.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I think all who play micros should stay away so I can pwn! :D

On a more serious note, I have never had even a minescule doubt about Unibet's Customer Service, but this is of course my own experience only. My overall opinion is in concurrence with pleno1.

I do hope it gets better for you, it can't be good for the old poker mindset.

Regards,

(Amish) Mal. :s_tongue: