[NL2-NL10] NL2 AA Zoom 3bet trap

• metza
      This is the hand:

The fact that he did not have a full stack made things quite hard for me preflop.

I could flat-call and give myself the option of folding if I was beat (though I probably wouldn't like to fold an overpair when I can only lose 50bb), so I'm really only folding super wet boards that miss me, and possibly paired boards of QQK JJK etc.

I could normal size 3bet of 42c but this is essentially putting him to the decision of shove or fold, if he flat calls he's surely pot committed on the flop.

But I didn't want there to be any chance of him folding, so I chose a bet size which he cannot fold to, but also pot commits him for the flop by making the pot equal to his stack size because I know midstack procedure is to stack off with middle pairs like TT on K65, and in this scenario there aren't many flops where I'm not gonna be happy to get all the chips in, because villain pot commits himself and my aces are rarely outflopped.

All in all, was this an appropriate 3bet size for what I was doing (results aside) or should I have just gone with the normal 3x 3bet of 45c? Or flat-call (bearing in mind that I'm pretty happy to stack off with an overpair vs midstack on most flops, full stack is a different matter)?
  • 2 replies