Elephant database troubles

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I have a laptop from work on which I play poker. I installed Elephant on it at home when I was not connected to the work's network. After connecting to the work's network I get the following error message:

"Database version has changed...have to create a new database..." and finally "Fail to establish connection..."

Uninstalling postgre and installing and reloading the databases into Elephant solves the problem, but it is a pain to do it every time! Did it twice now and I'm sure that it happens after connecting at work.

Is there a solution to this problem?
  • 5 replies
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Hmm that seems to be a problem with your connection. Do you have a firewall or sth. like this? If you have that problem is postges.exe in your Taskmanager?

Greets Sebastian
    • Vucko018
      Vucko018
      Global
      I am have similar problem ...

not now what is Termi8r do bat I am cant not order it ...

In my Taskmenager is no postges.exe ...my problem is went i am start elephant and try to make new database is say " Connection to database server lost! Further Informations Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1 "

I am make data base first , and empty thet data base and quit poker elephant ...went i am after 3-4 days try to open poker elephant is say - I am must create new database to start playing ...and this up is happened went i am try to make new database ...

Cant you help my ?
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      To make sure postgreSQL is correctly installed and running please follow the following steps:

1. Go to your Task Manager and look for an postgres.exe. If that is the case it seems like postgreSQL is correctly running <- You have done that.

2. If there is no postgres.exe, please try starting it via Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL 8.3 -> Start Service

3. If there is no dir PostgreSQL it seems like PostgreSQL isnt correctly installed. Please follow our guide for removing PostgreSQL correctly here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/752. After that please try reinstalling Elephant with administrator rights.

Hope that helps.

Greets Sebastian
    • Vucko018
      Vucko018
      Global
      What is mean "After that please try reinstalling Elephant with administrator rights"

I am do all that delete this : The Windows user under which the database server was started. Usually it's called "postgres". To delete in the Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Computer Management → Local Users and Groups → Users ...and reinstall elephant an same error is by ...and again In my Taskmenager is no postges.exe :(

In my Control Panel → Add or Remove Software there is no program PostgreSQL ... I am download pokerElephant on pokerstrategy site and is say the " Download PokerStrategy Elphant, 34 MB
      (incl. PostgreSQL) "

Dont now why is postgreSQL not find in my my Control Panel → Add or Remove Software list bat in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Computer Management → Local Users and Groups → is by an I am delete him follow the guide on link you get my ...

And on my computer I have administrator right ...how to install pokerelephan with this rights? or this is some special installs or regular ...

Mby and this is help ...log file :

"OS: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
      .NET Runtime: 2.0.50727.42
      RAM: 0,5GB
      Processors: 1
      CPU: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1: 0/32/29, 1659

Software version: 0.50

(10) Log: 10:08:01.90 -- Logfile set: C:\Documents and Settings\Vucko\Local Settings\Application Data\PokerStrategy\Elephant\log.txt
      (10) Log: 10:08:01.92 -- Logfile cleared: C:\Documents and Settings\Vucko\Local Settings\Application Data\PokerStrategy\Elephant\log.txt"

Tanks for trying to help my
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Please go to the Elephant dir which should be something like C:\Program Files\Pokerstrategy\... . There locate the setup for postgresql "postgresql-8.3.msi", simple start that setup, follow the instructions and please note remember or write down any PW/User combination you enter there. Please make sure you are not using any capital letters there.

Greets Sebastian