This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Elephant database troubles

• Termi8r
      Termi8r
      Bronze
      I have a laptop from work on which I play poker. I installed Elephant on it at home when I was not connected to the work's network. After connecting to the work's network I get the following error message:

"Database version has changed...have to create a new database..." and finally "Fail to establish connection..."

Uninstalling postgre and installing and reloading the databases into Elephant solves the problem, but it is a pain to do it every time! Did it twice now and I'm sure that it happens after connecting at work.

Is there a solution to this problem?
  • 5 replies
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Hmm that seems to be a problem with your connection. Do you have a firewall or sth. like this? If you have that problem is postges.exe in your Taskmanager?

Greets Sebastian
    • Vucko018
      Vucko018
      Global
      I am have similar problem ...

not now what is Termi8r do bat I am cant not order it ...

In my Taskmenager is no postges.exe ...my problem is went i am start elephant and try to make new database is say " Connection to database server lost! Further Informations Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1 "

I am make data base first , and empty thet data base and quit poker elephant ...went i am after 3-4 days try to open poker elephant is say - I am must create new database to start playing ...and this up is happened went i am try to make new database ...

Cant you help my ?
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      To make sure postgreSQL is correctly installed and running please follow the following steps:

1. Go to your Task Manager and look for an postgres.exe. If that is the case it seems like postgreSQL is correctly running <- You have done that.

2. If there is no postgres.exe, please try starting it via Start -> Programs -> PostgreSQL 8.3 -> Start Service

3. If there is no dir PostgreSQL it seems like PostgreSQL isnt correctly installed. Please follow our guide for removing PostgreSQL correctly here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/home/752. After that please try reinstalling Elephant with administrator rights.

Hope that helps.

Greets Sebastian
    • Vucko018
      Vucko018
      Global
      What is mean "After that please try reinstalling Elephant with administrator rights"

I am do all that delete this : The Windows user under which the database server was started. Usually it's called "postgres". To delete in the Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Computer Management → Local Users and Groups → Users ...and reinstall elephant an same error is by ...and again In my Taskmenager is no postges.exe :(

In my Control Panel → Add or Remove Software there is no program PostgreSQL ... I am download pokerElephant on pokerstrategy site and is say the " Download PokerStrategy Elphant, 34 MB
      (incl. PostgreSQL) "

Dont now why is postgreSQL not find in my my Control Panel → Add or Remove Software list bat in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Computer Management → Local Users and Groups → is by an I am delete him follow the guide on link you get my ...

And on my computer I have administrator right ...how to install pokerelephan with this rights? or this is some special installs or regular ...

Mby and this is help ...log file :

"OS: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
      .NET Runtime: 2.0.50727.42
      RAM: 0,5GB
      Processors: 1
      CPU: x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1: 0/32/29, 1659

Software version: 0.50

(10) Log: 10:08:01.90 -- Logfile set: C:\Documents and Settings\Vucko\Local Settings\Application Data\PokerStrategy\Elephant\log.txt
      (10) Log: 10:08:01.92 -- Logfile cleared: C:\Documents and Settings\Vucko\Local Settings\Application Data\PokerStrategy\Elephant\log.txt"

Tanks for trying to help my
    • galam
      galam
      Bronze
      Please go to the Elephant dir which should be something like C:\Program Files\Pokerstrategy\... . There locate the setup for postgresql "postgresql-8.3.msi", simple start that setup, follow the instructions and please note remember or write down any PW/User combination you enter there. Please make sure you are not using any capital letters there.

Greets Sebastian