Chazza's Poker Career

• Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm a 23 yo maths teacher from Penrith, Australia. I play in live pub tournaments a few times a week and with mates most weeks. I've done a lot of reading (and watching of DVD's) and believe i've got a fairly strong theoretical grounding. Unfortunately this doesn't always stop me chasing the miracle 2 outer occasionally ("hey i thought he was bluffing :rolleyes: ")

I've been unfortunately using my original money mostly well, however i have occasionally recieved a bad beat live, and use this tilt online for payback, to huge consequences.

I'm wanting to be a lot more solid with my wins. So i'm hoping that by posting how i'm going and posting some hands i'll use my money more appropriately.

At the moment I have about $75. When i first started i got to about this amount and then tilted or got beat down to about 55 again, but i'm on my way back up. After 1700 hands at 0.10/0.20 Limit i've got a win rate of 7-8BB/100, but this is including a -8BB/100 april (TILT).
  • 11 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Chazza!

Nice to see you have started posting :)

Actively participating in the forum especially in the hand judging boards (Fixed-Limit / No-Limit / SNG) is an excellent way of improving your game. If you want to (and I hope you do) update us on your future progress I could also move this thread into the proper Blog area or you could start your own thread there :)

Best regards!
      SoyCD
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Well, it's only been one day but my promise to myself has worked so far.

My bankroll has increased to $85 and my BB/100 have gone up to 10. My lot for this month is now $30 after 350 hands, at 43BB/100. Most of that in the last two days.

I'm definitely not expecting this win rate to continue, but i won't be making as many stupid decisions if i know i'm going to have to post those hands.

If i can get this moved to the blog area that would be useful thanks soyCD.
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi Chazza

Congratulations to the good start. Keep up the good work. I move your thread to the blog area.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      I've had another day of stagnant play, I just seem to keep being drawn out on, on the river. I'm seeing that this is good for me when they don't hit with the T3o, but when they do and I hit well too it hurts.

I'm not too prone to tilting so that's of benifet i guess.

At least i'm not losing money i guess, but I feel that these low limits should be easy and that there shouldn't be many losing sessions.

Moral of the story, still at $85.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      just focus on learning the game (coachings, hand posting,.articles,...) and becoming a better player and eventually your winrate will go up as well ;)

Good luck!
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Hi everybody,

I've had to take a forced hiatus from poker for a couple of weeks. My fiance's mother and father were in a bad car accident the other weekend and we've been spending all of our time with them and helping them out.

They're both ok, we're just waiting for her mother to have surgery on her neck, fracured bone C2, and foot, then four weeks in hospital and back home.

I'm hoping to start getting back to normal and play again soon, but family first.

Anyway, i'm not posting this trying to get sympathy just to get it off my chest, but if you are religious feel free to have them in your thoughts.

Thanks for reading
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi Chazza, welcome.

Looking forward how a Math teacher is going to dominate Fixed Limit poker.
      :)

Good luck on the tables
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      It's school holidays here now so i'm on a break for two weeks.

This means alot more poker for these two weeks.

I've just made it over the $100 mark. I've also just downloaded Elephant, so the graph of my winnings will hopefully follow this if i can work out how to post it.

Edit: Can somebody help out with how to post the image. I clicked insert image but it looks like it wants a website rather than the file i saved?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      First of all, you should have the graph of elephant on your screen.

Then search for the ''Prt Scr.'' option on your keyboard. If you found it, press on it a couple of times while the graph of Elephant is on your screen.

Then open Paint.
      Press Control + V at the same time and you see your screen.
      Remove your taskbar with paint for privacy reasons.

Then Save it as Stats.jpg or Stats.png somewhere.

Then open an image host website like http://www.imageshack.us or http://www.tinypic.com

Upload it there from your computer and paste the {direct link} here.

For example:
      http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1272/nlek7.gif
      Then you have to put [img.].[./img] takes between it so it would look like this:
      [img.]http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1272/nlek7.gif[./img]

Cheers :D
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Wow,

It's only been a little while since I've posted. ;)

I am back into the swing of things now, and I'll hopefully keep this blog updated a bit more than my previous efforts.

What's happenend since last time?

I got an email from pokerstrategy offering me another free 50 on partypoker, so I took it and decided I was going to start playing FL again from the beginning. I had found it hard to keep motivation on my titan account as I had just hit a downswing and seemed to miss everything every hand. It wasn't a big one, and BR management was taking care of it fine, but I still couldn't get motivated to play.

That's changed though. I am just now on holidays for 5 weeks and I should get in plenty of play. I am very motivated as I have invited a good friend to play and teaching him things is helping to plug lots of gaps in my own game.

I am finally silver, so I have lots more articles to read and trial now.

As far as bankroll goes, I am up since playing on Party, it is probably an upswing, but I have been very happy with most of my plays and my reasoning behind the plays.

This is my graph from titan.

I stopped at around $90 or so, so I was up about $40 on .1/.2

Now I've started playing at Party, this is my graph.

So, all in all I am up around $63 on party over about 2200 hands.

Please feel free to comment on anything, I'm very open to any input on the direction that this blog should go.
    • Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Ok, I've decided that I am starting from this point on as if I am only on PartyPoker unless I play some more hands on Titan which I will talk about.

I am playing .15/.30 FL FR at the moment, and my bankroll is at ~$122. I am excited to get to $150 so I can move up limits relatively safely. From the beginner coachings the level of play doesn't look much better, but there are always many more tables at .25/.50 than at .15/.30. As I am from Australia, the timezones of other players doesn't really match up, so at the moment I can only play early morning and late night. Once I move up there will be more tables at a better time.

Anyway, here's my graph at Party so far.

Alright, I'll be back with an update sometime this week. Let's just hope that this upswing (or lack of downswing) can continue at least a while longer.

Aaron