Imimba1
      Bronze
      CO: $0.80 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 13
      BTN: $0.47 - VPIP: 80, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 4,0, Hands: 5
      SB: $4.47 - VPIP: 100, PFR: 20, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5
      Hero (BB): $2.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 2, AF: 2,7, Hands: 416
      UTG: $1.41 - VPIP: 60, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 5

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: 8 :spade:
      UTG calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, BTN calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10) J :diamond: 4 :diamond: 2 :spade: (5 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, BTN bets $0.08, SB folds, Hero ?

Is this a standard fold spot?
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Imimba1,

You could easily even raise it up preflop but otherwise I'd most likely just Bet the flop instead of Check/Call. It will be very difficult to understand where we stand if we Check/Call and of course they could easily have the Jx.

Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Imimba1,

You could easily even raise it up preflop but otherwise I'd most likely just Bet the flop instead of Check/Call. It will be very difficult to understand where we stand if we Check/Call and of course they could easily have the Jx.

Best Regards.
      Greetings Veriz!

Preflop: we would be OOP against e.g. 2 opponents in a raised pot, but 1-2 overcards. Sounds dangerous to me.

As played
      Postflop: Bluffing against 4 players oop? Nothing weaker then a Jx will call imo.
    • Ickki
      Ickki
      Bronze
      At this limit you should mostly be playing your pocket pairs to set mine. If you don't hit your set, be prepared to check/fold it most of the time. If you do hit your set, you want to try to get your opponent's stack. If you don't raise preflop with your pocket pair and do hit your set, it will be hard to get the chips in the middle. As long as you have the implied odds, i.e. your opponent has around 15 times the amount of BBs he put in pre-flop it is worth raising. This is because we hit our set around 1 in 8 times and assume to get our opponent's stack at least around 50% of the time to make it a +eV decision.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Hello Imimba1,

Best Regards.
      Greetings Veriz!

Preflop: we would be OOP against e.g. 2 opponents in a raised pot, but 1-2 overcards. Sounds dangerous to me.

As played
      Postflop: Bluffing against 4 players oop? Nothing weaker then a Jx will call imo.
      Well, then difficult to explain you things if you don't even see weaker hands calling you. :) Which means we Check/Fold here.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Well, then difficult to explain you things if you don't even see weaker hands calling you. :) Which means we Check/Fold here.
      My biggest leak is making stupid moves in unraised pots at the moment. I really really want to understand, how can betting in an unraised 5-way pot with middle pair be+EV.
      I really want to know. In a HU sitation we can bet for value ofc, but against 4 people?
      Do we want value from flushdraws, overcards, Ax straight draws, etc.?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      My biggest leak is making stupid moves in unraised pots at the moment. I really really want to understand, how can betting in an unraised 5-way pot with middle pair be+EV.
      I really want to know. In a HU sitation we can bet for value ofc, but against 4 people?
      Wasn't that difficult.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Wasn't that difficult.
      In my mind: I'm against 4 people, one has to have a Jack, or at least a draw. Someone is going to call us most likely, and we are going to be out of position.
      We couldnt 2ndbarrel to anything, or?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Wasn't that difficult.
      In my mind: I'm against 4 people, one has to have a Jack, or at least a draw. Someone is going to call us most likely, and we are going to be out of position.
      We couldnt 2ndbarrel to anything, or?
      Not really, cause it's still a freeplay pot. If you want to play that aggressively your hands then instead do that preflop. :)