Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1851682
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $7.50 - VPIP: 36, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 14
      UTG: $10.20 - VPIP: 93, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,3, Hands: 14
      CO: $10.72 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 25, 3B: 13, AF: 0,0, Hands: 24
      BTN: $3.57 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 15, AF: 4,0, Hands: 49
      Hero (SB): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 44823

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with J :heart: J :club:
      UTG calls $0.10, CO raises to $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.80, 2 folds, CO calls $1.30

Flop: ($3.80) K :heart: 4 :diamond: 3 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, CO folds

I decided to go for the 3Bet because I think that villain is capable of calling with worse, maybe 4Bet bluffing (I am willing to go broke here).

I guess I played it fine postflop. I can't exactly bluffcatch since it is difficult to play the hand OOP while giving away initiative and I also don't want to be giving away free cards.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Seems to be fine either way you play your hand. Although it's not the greatest flop for us of course whilst the guy might even able to have the Kx hands as AK/KQ.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Seems to be fine either way you play your hand

Is check/calling not going to be difficult? Also our hand becomes rather clear to the opponent with this line. It might, however, not be an issue since we are talking about NL10 here.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Seems to be fine either way you play your hand

Is check/calling not going to be difficult? Also our hand becomes rather clear to the opponent with this line. It might, however, not be an issue since we are talking about NL10 here.
      What's your plan on turn if you CB?
      Bronze
      Probably just check and hope for a free showdown. The only worse hands that I can realistically expect him to call with on the turn again would be some FDs and generally once he calls the flop his range contains quite a bit of Kx hands and maybe 99–QQ. Rarely also KK–AA maybe. So I am not that happy about check/calling. Likely just giving up.

Good plan?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Probably just check and hope for a free showdown. The only worse hands that I can realistically expect him to call with on the turn again would be some FDs and generally once he calls the flop his range contains quite a bit of Kx hands and maybe 99–QQ. Rarely also KK–AA maybe. So I am not that happy about check/calling. Likely just giving up.

Good plan?
      Nope, again might give up the best hand or give away vs floats, very exploitable. Maybe not in the lower limits but definitely when you moving up. Even I'd say NL10 players are able to see your CB flop & turn ratio difference.
      Bronze
      In that case I have difficulty deciding which approach – the passive or aggressive (betting on 2 streets) – is better.
      If checking the flop, of course, we can still decide that maybe villain actually has a hand because, e.g., villain bets big and/or fast aso., right?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      In that case I have difficulty deciding which approach – the passive or aggressive (betting on 2 streets) – is better.
      If checking the flop, of course, we can still decide that maybe villain actually has a hand because, e.g., villain bets big and/or fast aso., right?
      Not really, you have to pick any of the lines anyways and just CB flop & Check/Fold turn doesn't make sense. The guy could easily float you with maybe even 99 and then takes down it on the turn vs you.