[NL2-NL10] NL10: QQ 3Bet

    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1851697
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

      Hero (SB): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 44823
      BB: $16.13 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 32, 3B: 17, AF: 9,0, Hands: 22
      UTG: $10.82 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 25, 3B: 25, AF: 0,5, Hands: 16
      CO: $18.28 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 7, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 27
      BTN: $5.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 25, 3B: 20, AF: 0,0, Hands: 24

      Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with Q :heart: Q :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.40, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.40, 1 fold, CO calls $1

      Flop: ($2.90) K :spade: J :heart: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.55, CO raises to $5.10, Hero folds

      I guess there is nothing much I could do differently. Don't want to be giving away free cards and it would be difficult to continue without initiative so I guess I have to bet for protection.
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello Avatars91,

      Well, CBetting of course is fine here but what's the plan on the turn if a blank comes? :) 2nd barrel or Check or ...?

      Best Regards.
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      I don't really see that I can continue playing the hand if villain calls the flop cBet. I just check and hope for a free showdown. No worse is calling me. Sounded like a trick question :) I am very interested in where the trick spot here is!

      One quick question though: what do you think about my cBet size here? I have a tendency to bet a bit smaller when my hand is not that great and it should be fine on NL10 but could that not be a leak on higher limits?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I don't really see that I can continue playing the hand if villain calls the flop cBet. I just check and hope for a free showdown. No worse is calling me. Sounded like a trick question :) I am very interested in where the trick spot here is!

      One quick question though: what do you think about my cBet size here? I have a tendency to bet a bit smaller when my hand is not that great and it should be fine on NL10 but could that not be a leak on higher limits?
      Then just Check/Fold right on the flop, doesn't make sense to CB once and then oh he has the King I am folding. :) The guy could be even floating with a lot worse and then just takes down the pot on the turn vs your huge leak. Then even instead would be better to turn hand into bluff on the flop.

      CB size is standard.
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      So logic-wise it's either check/fold flop OR bet flop bet any turn (any turn?)?

      Assuming that it is correct, which line would be more appropriate on NL10 on average? Or just simply – when to use which line?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      So logic-wise it's either check/fold flop OR bet flop bet any turn (any turn?)?

      Assuming that it is correct, which line would be more appropriate on NL10 on average? Or just simply – when to use which line?
      Well, again you get it wrong. :D Check/Calling is also an option to turn hand into bluff-catcher whilst they often will give up on turn, especially if they have draws. You totally misunderstanding the purpose of CB. You definitely have tough time playing vs reg, cause every reg can earn huge profit from your play cause you always 2nd barrel mainly made hands.
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      Well, again you get it wrong. Check/Calling is also an option to turn hand into bluff-catcher whilst they often will give up on turn


      Would it still be an option on higher limits where people are generally more aggressive? Because it is somewhat visible from my line that I have a bluffcatcher. Probably not an issue on NL10, but I imagine that maybe on higher limits people would be able to try and get me off my medium made hand there often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Well, again you get it wrong. Check/Calling is also an option to turn hand into bluff-catcher whilst they often will give up on turn


      Would it still be an option on higher limits where people are generally more aggressive? Because it is somewhat visible from my line that I have a bluffcatcher. Probably not an issue on NL10, but I imagine that maybe on higher limits people would be able to try and get me off my medium made hand there often.
      Why not?
    • Avatars91
      Avatars91
      Bronze
      Joined: 18.12.2009 Posts: 2,689
      Why not?


      Is my hand/its strength not apparent? I am never checking a monster there and my opponents on higher limits might try and exploit that by putting maximum pressure on me. In short words, my range for check/calling the flop is not really that balanced there. It might not be an issue on NL10, of course, because people might indeed give up un to the turn.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Why not?


      Is my hand/its strength not apparent? I am never checking a monster there and my opponents on higher limits might try and exploit that by putting maximum pressure on me. In short words, my range for check/calling the flop is not really that balanced there. It might not be an issue on NL10, of course, because people might indeed give up un to the turn.
      Well, then why do you want to Check the turn? :)