MP2: $27.49 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 11, AF: 0.5, Hands: 166
      CO: $10.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 6, AF: 2.6, Hands: 1730
      Hero (BTN): $25.00 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 3.6, Hands: 10750
      SB: $25.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 2.4, Hands: 996
      BB: $33.30 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 3.0, Hands: 1618
      UTG: $25.35 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 9, 3B: 3, AF: 2.0, Hands: 1189

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with 6 :heart: 7 :heart:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 1 fold, BB raises to $2, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.10) 3 :diamond: 8 :spade: 9 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($10.60) A :club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($10.60) J :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $5.75, BB calls $5.75

3bet BB overall: 12%
      3bet BB vs Steal 20%(61)

Since we lately had about 3bet that would be a good example :D
      Can I use the T to take stabbs or R the F? Should I even try to bet the R?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: If he 3bets that much then why not just 4bet it? We have obviously a lot fold equity here. But meanwhile we don't even know how we going to exploit him postflop cause he still CBs a lot.

As played
      Postflop: Don't like your play at all, he will rarely fold made hands on the river and he definitely has also Ax hands in his range which play the same way. Most likely just was trapping you with Ax. :)

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: If he 3bets that much then why not just 4bet it? We have obviously a lot fold equity here. But meanwhile we don't even know how we going to exploit him postflop cause he still CBs a lot.

As played
      Postflop: Don't like your play at all, he will rarely fold made hands on the river and he definitely has also Ax hands in his range which play the same way. Most likely just was trapping you with Ax. :)

Best Regards.
      4bet doesnt work. Too much dynamics and also his Fto4B is 33%(9). So not much FE.
      On the other hand you know that I would like to start working on building a 3bet calling range IP because as I said a few times I feel handicaped with 4bet or fold.I wanna really improve in that department.
      As played since he Cbets a lot of his 3bettting range would you R the F(if I R I can get away anymore)?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Hello Sikac,

As played

Best Regards.
      4bet doesnt work. Too much dynamics and also his Fto4B is 33%(9). So not much FE.
      On the other hand you know that I would like to start working on building a 3bet calling range IP because as I said a few times I feel handicaped with 4bet or fold.I wanna really improve in that department.
      As played since he Cbets a lot of his 3bettting range would you R the F(if I R I can get away anymore)?
      But then start from towards strong hands and then loosen up not the opposite, at least first prove yourself that you are even able to earn profit with the hands. For example like T9s and etc.

Why would you raise the flop? What's the purpose of it? Do you think we have fold equity? What's his 3betting range (I don't want to hear the % but realistic range)?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Hello Sikac,

As played

Best Regards.
      But then start from towards strong hands and then loosen up not the opposite, at least first prove yourself that you are even able to earn profit with the hands. For example like T9s and etc.

Why would you raise the flop? What's the purpose of it? Do you think we have fold equity? What's his 3betting range (I don't want to hear the % but realistic range)?
      Well the purpose of the raise on the flop is to fold better hands the ours. Like any Ax,Kx and maybe some small PP.Since he has a wide preflop 3betting range and a high Cbetting frequnce it means that we are OTF against a very wide and weak range. So I thought we R to try to take it done right away or if we get shoved we still have some decent equity :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, it's possible to raise but assuming that you also have decent equity might be better to float and reevaluate the turn instead. He isn't going to just Call the flop anyways vs our raise, he is getting it in so you should be aware of that as well.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Yes, it's possible to raise but assuming that you also have decent equity might be better to float and reevaluate the turn instead. He isn't going to just Call the flop anyways vs our raise, he is getting it in so you should be aware of that as well.
      But if I float I have to take a stab,right? I thought the A OTT hits his range pretty nice.So I thought when it is on such an overall board the best chance to take a stab? He is very often gonna turn his A into a bluffcatcher.At least I assumed so(since he showed me KJo what note can I take-that in 3bet pots plays fit or fold OTT)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But if I float I have to take a stab,right? I thought the A OTT hits his range pretty nice.So I thought when it is on such an overall board the best chance to take a stab? He is very often gonna turn his A into a bluffcatcher.At least I assumed so(since he showed me KJo what note can I take-that in 3bet pots plays fit or fold OTT)
      If he really wanted to bluff then he would just 2nd barrel it and his play just proves that he more often turns his hand into bluff-catcher not that he gives up.