[NL2-NL10] AK vs AT6

    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2011 Posts: 2,897
      SB: $4.07 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10
      Hero (BB): $2.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 3,0, Hands: 476
      UTG: $2.43 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 9
      MP: $1.41 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 8
      CO: $1.62 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 10
      BTN: $1.43 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with K :spade: A :club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, UTG calls $0.06

      Flop: ($0.17) T :club: 6 :heart: A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero?

      Should I slowplay here? Not many worse hands to call.
  • 9 replies
    • tieppofer
      tieppofer
      Bronze
      Joined: 25.01.2009 Posts: 282
      Hero bets, no question about that. There's no point in slowplaying TPTK.
    • Kony76
      Kony76
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.10.2010 Posts: 4,337
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      SB: $4.07 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10
      Hero (BB): $2.00 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 3,0, Hands: 476
      UTG: $2.43 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 9
      MP: $1.41 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 8
      CO: $1.62 - VPIP: 50, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,0, Hands: 10
      BTN: $1.43 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 10

      Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with K :spade: A :club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, UTG calls $0.06

      Flop: ($0.17) T :club: 6 :heart: A :spade: (2 players)
      Hero?

      Should I slowplay here? Not many worse hands to call.
      This.

      You should Cbet minimum of 2/3 of the pot. there are a lot of Ax, Tx and pocket pairs that may call your Cbet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Hello Imimba1,

      Preflop: With one limper + being OOP I'd raise it even 12 cents.
      Postflop: I'd just Bet/Bet/Bet, no point to slowplay. :)

      Best Regards.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2011 Posts: 2,897
      Originally posted by Veriz
      Postflop: I'd just Bet/Bet/Bet, no point to slowplay. :)
      This may be a stupid question, but isn't it +EV to let him bluff?
      This is such a dry board, only a small piece of his range connected with it barely. Just because we have a better hand, it doesn't mean we should bet.

      Originally posted by Kony76
      there are a lot of Ax, Tx and pocket pairs that may call your Cbet.
      Is this whole thing summed up by Kony?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by Veriz
      Postflop: I'd just Bet/Bet/Bet, no point to slowplay. :)
      This may be a stupid question, but isn't it +EV to let him bluff?
      This is such a dry board, only a small piece of his range connected with it barely. Just because we have a better hand, it doesn't mean we should bet.
      How can this be more +EV not to Bet vs a loose guy? Who might even be rather passive. From what does our value come from if we face a loose opponent?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2011 Posts: 2,897
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: With one limper + being OOP I'd raise it even 12 cents.
      Why do we bet more OOP by the way Veriz? We put more money in when our position is BAD.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: With one limper + being OOP I'd raise it even 12 cents.
      Why do we bet more OOP by the way Veriz? We put more money in when our position is BAD.
      Cause we want to force them to make mistakes instead giving them very good odds to Call. :)
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Joined: 12.12.2011 Posts: 2,897
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: With one limper + being OOP I'd raise it even 12 cents.
      Why do we bet more OOP by the way Veriz? We put more money in when our position is BAD.
      Cause we want to force them to make mistakes instead giving them very good odds to Call. :)
      They would rather make mistake in case of calling, wouldnt they? Folding a weaker hand is no mistake. We want them to call.
      If we raise big, we are going to isolate ourselves with their upper range, making the weaker ones to fold. We actually want their lower range to call aswell, don't we?

      Why is good to make them fold a large portion of their range when we have a premium hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Joined: 20.07.2008 Posts: 65,504
      Don't know even what to tell you here... I guess do whatever you want, if you don't agree with me you ain't forced to use this strategy.

      Do you even understand that you are playing NL2???