Poker Guides are B/S!

• akajack
      akajack
      Bronze
      Been playing for a while now and play nothing but a tight strat, like all the books and guides say.
      Only play pckt pairs, AK, AQs utg, suited conectors down to 76 on the button and even tighter on other postions but i am getting absolutly donked by complete donks who hit 2 pair or a four card flush on the river whilst calling £9+ bets all the way.
      I know when i'm beat and dont donk often but i am getting sucked out every time on the river on these poker sites.
      I'm even using poker edge and sat with 5 elephants and still get killed by all their calling and some of these guys are 6k+ down!!!!!

What am i doing wrong????
  • 14 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by akajack
      I know when i'm beat
      you folding?
    • akajack
      akajack
      Bronze
      i'm always folding.
      like i said these guys will call you till the river and hit ubelievable runner runners.
      The tptk just does not seem to work against these donks.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      sat with 5 elephants and still get killed by all their calling and some of these guys are 6k+ down!!!!!

What am i doing wrong????
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but elephant is slang for a calling station right? If you are having problems playing against (and getting tilted by) calling stations, why would you sit down at a table of 5 of them?
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      If you aren't play more tables. I always play 12+ so variance is limited while also maximizing profits.
    • akajack
      akajack
      Bronze
      got a vpip of 19 and pfr of 17 and just cant win. An exemple... had AJ otb every one folded i bet 3x, both blinds call, flop comes 8 2 j, they both chec i cbet sb folds, bb calls, turn comes j, bb checks i double barrel, bb go's all in, i call he's got QJo.
      Hits a Q on the river!!!!
      This is a constant beating i am getting.
      Is this pure unluck or are these guys guareented to win in order4 to fund these sites?
      This guy had a vpip of 68!
    • akajack
      akajack
      Bronze
      elephant is someone who will play any 2 cards with a vpip of say 50+
      Sure maybe your right why sit down with them??
      All the writings say to search for these guys and play and isolate them no??
    • akajack
      akajack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      If you aren't play more tables. I always play 12+ so variance is limited while also maximizing profits.
      Does this multi table play really limited the variance? Would you recommend this option?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      Does this multi table play really limited the variance? Would you recommend this option?
      It doesn't limit variance, it just makes it less noticeable. :f_biggrin:
    • MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      Are you posting hands on forum?
      Are you participating on coachings?
      Do you understand when a cbet to do; whats the board and so on?
      I asked because i had the same problems and the coach and other people says to posted more/more hands and to particpate on caochings.
      ty
    • ArtisSkirpa
      ArtisSkirpa
      Bronze
      I think you should just move up, there are less elephants there. If you have say $100-$200$ in your account you should probably try playing 100nl ($.50/$1).

Also, the turn call with AJ seems really bad, you should always be folding naked trips when an elephant raises you, they will almost always have a full house or make one on the river.
    • akajack
      akajack
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeAmor22
      I asked because i had the same problems and the coach and other people says to posted more/more hands and to particpate on caochings.
      ty
      I havn't posted any hands before, only just joined a forum due to my frustration.
      I do know when to cbet and when not too.
      What is this coaching??
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey akajack

check out the NL beginners course in my signature. veriz is an awesome player and you can attend the coachings and discuss things with him.

other than that, all i can say is that as long as you get your money in good (for example like you did in the AJ hand) then you will profit in the long run. the long run means 30k+ hands (and even that is small). if poker was easy then everyone would make lots of money from it, but it isn't and so there is a lot of work to be done. good luck and also welcome to the community :)

Lewis.
    • Ectoz
      Ectoz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MeAmor22
      ty
      that's bullshit too.
    • muumionu
      muumionu
      Bronze
      i love this blog, will follow