DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $11.29 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 127
      CO: $17.01 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 17, 3B: 11, AF: 4,0, Hands: 474
      BTN: $3.40 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 0,8, Hands: 23
      Hero (SB): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 44948
      BB: $8.72 - VPIP: 43, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 2,0, Hands: 7

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 9 :diamond: 9 :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.00) 6 :club: 4 :spade: 6 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.60, CO folds, BTN calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.20) K :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.50, Hero folds

This was somewhat tricky. I feel that donking the flop is the best play as the shortstack can still call with a worse pair, FD or maybe A high even. On the turn, however, I am a bit lost mainly because of his stack size. I guess that checking is best since we can expect villain to check behind most of his weaker hands such as PPs aso.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

I'd still plan to continue in those spots whilst the guy could even have draws there. So either I am shoving the turn vs his stack or just Check/Calling and letting him bluff.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Which line do you prefer– check/call or push?

How would you recommend playing if villain bets half-pot on the turn? Looks more like a value line.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Which line do you prefer– check/call or push?

How would you recommend playing if villain bets half-pot on the turn? Looks more like a value line.
      That you should answer yourself and take assumptions how you took the guy. Assuming he is loose-passive then I'd just shove of course and protect my hand.
      Bronze
      If choosing the check/call line (i.e., we assumed/knew that he is actually at least somewhat aggressive), we obviously have to call if he pushes, but what to do if he bets, say, half pot? That already looks like a value line and a stronger hand overall.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If choosing the check/call line (i.e., we assumed/knew that he is actually at least somewhat aggressive), we obviously have to call if he pushes, but what to do if he bets, say, half pot? That already looks like a value line and a stronger hand overall.
      Before asking my try to make assumptions yourself. :) Doesn't really make sense for me to tell you every move cause you wont just remember those situations. Instead try to make yourself the move and then get my respond and with that you will remember it.
      Bronze
      Methodically speaking, is this not the fastest way? If I keep waiting for such spots to arrive it might take much longer since there are so many of them, and this way I do develop some thinking skills.
      I believe that as long as I am not trying to simply memorize your suggested lines but am actually thinking a lot about them, processing all the posibilities, thus developing an independent ability to deal with problem situations at the tables, I am actually improving at a very rapid speed.
      That is unless, of course, it is difficult for you to keep answering all my follow up questions since there are so many of them, for which I do apologize. If that is the case then we can make an arrangement that I maybe try and be more laconic in future.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Methodically speaking, is this not the fastest way? If I keep waiting for such spots to arrive it might take much longer since there are so many of them, and this way I do develop some thinking skills.
      I believe that as long as I am not trying to simply memorize your suggested lines but am actually thinking a lot about them, processing all the posibilities, thus developing an independent ability to deal with problem situations at the tables, I am actually improving at a very rapid speed.
      That is unless, of course, it is difficult for you to keep answering all my follow up questions since there are so many of them, for which I do apologize. If that is the case then we can make an arrangement that I maybe try and be more laconic in future.
      That's what everyone on lower limit is trying to do. Trying to find a chart and memorize all play so they could follow it as being like a robot. But it's not poker mate... think, think and one more time think and not hope that other people play for you it. :)