BB: $14.33 - VPIP: 38, PFR: 33, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 24
      UTG: $16.15 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 3, AF: 2,0, Hands: 74
      MP: $10.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 12, 3B: 0, AF: 6,0, Hands: 25
      Hero (CO): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 45313
      BTN: $10.72 - VPIP: 51, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,9, WTS: 32, Hands: 45
      SB: $12.17 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 0,8, Hands: 20

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with T :spade: A :spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 6 :diamond: 5 :spade: J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15, BTN calls $1.15

River: ($4.05) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Do you agree with the cBet and 2nd barrel against this guy?

The flop is somewhat connected and there is a FD possible but his range is very wide overall and I still can get called by some worse draws.

I wouldn't quite say that I have tons of fold equity on the turn but the 2nd barrel should be doable because I have quite some equity against his range, I would say.
  • 12 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

I'd most likely instead of CBetting the flop just Check/Fold it cause you are often getting called here. But if you do CB then we should also consider 2nd barreling.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      What are the main differences between this flop spot and this one: NL10: A6s weak TP on wet board
      ?

I.e., why is it good to cBet the more wet board and not this one here? I was under the impression that the backdoor FD is a very important factor.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Imo it's because of:

1) position.
      2) the gutshot.
      3) Villain in other hand has 15% 3b so is most likely 3bing broadways so doesn't connect much with the board = fold equity.

Plus here villain is a 51/0 so we have close to zero fold equity.

Edit: Also like Veriz said cbetting allows us to check back the turn.
      Bronze
      3) Villain in other hand has 15% 3b so is most likely 3bing broadways so doesn't connect much with the board = fold equity.

The sample is very very small for the 3B stat and even if he was 3Betting 15% that does not necessarily indicate that his 3Betting range contains a lot of broadways.

Plus here villain is a 51/0 so we have close to zero fold equity.

The sample is too small so his VPIP might in fact be a bit different (although it does show a clear trend) but to say that we have a close to 0 fold equity seems very exaggerated to me. And VPIP is not a clear indication of an opponent's tendencies on the flop when facing cBets. Also, the opponent in the other example has almost the same VPIP value.

Other than that, though, I agree that the other factors that you mentioned are important, I am just wondering which is the one that seperates the two situations the most.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Ah sorry didn't look at sample sizes.

But I'd assume position is the more important factor.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      What are the main differences between this flop spot and this one: NL10: A6s weak TP on wet board
      ?

I.e., why is it good to cBet the more wet board and not this one here? I was under the impression that the backdoor FD is a very important factor.
      holmeboy pointed out already few of the things. :) Position is always very important in those spots. And of course a guy against whom we are and of course either we have draws or not.
      Bronze
      If villain was OOP and we should be consequently ready to cBet on more boards than when he was IP, would checking behind still be your recommended line?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If villain was OOP and we should be consequently ready to cBet on more boards than when he was IP, would checking behind still be your recommended line?
      Didn't really understand your question...
      Bronze
      Would you cBet or check behind on this board against this opponent if you were IP?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Would you cBet or check behind on this board against this opponent if you were IP?
      Open the hand you linked and you will get the answer. :)
    • Tatarken
      Tatarken
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Avatars91,

I'd most likely instead of CBetting the flop just Check/Fold it cause you are often getting called here. But if you do CB then we should also consider 2nd barreling.

Best Regards.
      Please why we are often called on this board? On which boards it's not good idea to CBet? I thought on board like 10 :heart: J :heart: Q :diamond: with 77
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tatarken
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Avatars91,

Best Regards.
      Please why we are often called on this board? On which boards it's not good idea to CBet? I thought on board like 10 :heart: J :heart: Q :diamond: with 77
      Cause it's very drawy and what kind of boards to CB and what not I would advice to read articles about them and watch videos. I obviously can't tell you all the boards where you CB and what to do cause it would take me hours/days to write that kind of information. Depends also a lot on the opponent, depends on our hand and so on, not just on what board comes down.