DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.41 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 21, 3B: 7, AF: 12,0, Hands: 101
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 16, 3B: 3, AF: 1,3, Hands: 95
      UTG: $5.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 24, 3B: 18, AF: 0,0, Hands: 25
      MP: $10.42 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 14
      CO: $10.14 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 21, 3B: 5, AF: 14,0, Hands: 121
      Hero (BTN): $10.52 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 45491

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with 7 :diamond: K :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.35, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, CO calls $0.85

Flop: ($2.55) T :diamond: 2 :club: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.30, CO calls $1.30

Turn: ($5.15) J :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.41, Hero folds

I have not 3Bet this opponent before and so far he has folded to one other guy's 3Bet so I think that this is a doable 3Bet since I have to widen my 3Betting range.

I guess that the cBet here is also not a bad idea do make him fold medium Ax hands.

However, would you consider a 2nd barrel if a 2nd diamond appears on the turn? I guess that we wouldn't really have that much fold equity so checking behind would be the better play then.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Preflop: As long it's NL10 where people still don't like to fold that much their hands and I assume he is maybe even capable of calling with KJ or whatsoever I'd prefer instead doing with strong hands first the 3bet and then find out how he adjusts.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to do and most likely I wouldn't be 2nd barreling without even knowing anything about his fold to CB stat nor any other stat.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      I'd prefer instead doing with strong hands first the 3bet and then find out how he adjusts.

Do you mean just one 3Bet? I.e. I 3bet him once and if he calls OOP I assume he is calling 3Bets with a somewhat loose range so I should likely look towards tightening up my 3Bet range against him?

Because I would imagine that if I 3Bet him once and he folds that does not really tell me that much. He could still be calling 3Bets loose. Only after multiple 3Bet situations can I start making any assumptions. Then again, if I am strictly 3Betting only a value range the first few times it might take quite some while before I get to see how he adjusts.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I'd prefer instead doing with strong hands first the 3bet and then find out how he adjusts.

Do you mean just one 3Bet? I.e. I 3bet him once and if he calls OOP I assume he is calling 3Bets with a somewhat loose range so I should likely look towards tightening up my 3Bet range against him?

Because I would imagine that if I 3Bet him once and he folds that does not really tell me that much. He could still be calling 3Bets loose. Only after multiple 3Bet situations can I start making any assumptions. Then again, if I am strictly 3Betting only a value range the first few times it might take quite some while before I get to see how he adjusts.
      Didn't really get your question. :D Huh by one? Obviously sample is never just one 3bet but instead several occasions and understanding how the guy plays. Just cause some stat tells you one thing doesn't mean the guy plays this way. For example take a look at your own game, how much have you changed your play-style those past last years/months? - I assume a lot, so why ain't the guy adjusting or playing differently?
      Bronze
      I was just trying to make sure I understand what this:

means in reality.

Should I completely forget about 3betting lighter against unknowns even with a tight 3Betting immage (e.g. Ax)? And do it with say AQ+ JJ+ only until I get the evidence that I can start 3Betting lighter?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I was just trying to make sure I understand what this:

means in reality.

Should I completely forget about 3betting lighter against unknowns even with a tight 3Betting immage (e.g. Ax)? And do it with say AQ+ JJ+ only until I get the evidence that I can start 3Betting lighter?
      No, it doesn't mean that. It means that if you also understand why you doing this and what's the purpose of the hand, where to CB, why to CB, who calls you, what range he calls you, what range he folds and many more questions which you have to understand first to start 3betting loose. Not just cause you saw some coach doing a loose 3bet, oh I do that as well then. Common mistake for a lot PokerStrategy members doing it over and over again, although don't understand why they doing it. :(