This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 JJ IP vs 3bet, flop set on broadway board

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $309.58 (619.2 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      UTG: $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $50.52 (101 bb)
      CO: $55.09 (110.2 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $64.26 (128.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, SB raises to $5.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $4.25

Flop: ($13.50) Q K J (2 players)
      SB bets $9, Hero calls $9

Turn: ($31.50) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $23.50, Hero raises to $49.51, SB calls $26.01

River: ($130.52) 3 (2 players)

Given how aggressive villain is I thought that a call preflop is fine.

On the flop I opted to call as I think that villain is going to continue betting on the turn pretty often, his cbet stat is not high and give this board texture I don't really expect him to cbet light.

Plan is to usually shove over his bet on the turn or to bet myself.

The only bad card for me I think would be a T as I see him cbetting with some combos of AK,AQ, with the A:diamond: or suited hearts.

I think that on the turn he would stack off with enough combos of 2 pairs to make it profitable vs his 6 combos of sets (don't know if we can discount QQ with that 3bet stat), mainly KQ, KJs.

I don't put 9Ts in his range, ATo might be, ATs usually not.

So, what do you think? Profitable stack off spot?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Preflop: If we assume the guy is squeeze-happy then I'd just 4bet it and get it in instead of calling vs his 3bet and let him catch something.

As played
      Postflop: We of course don't fold it anyways here. Just the question is how to maximize our value and I do agree that calling most likely and keeping his weaker hands in the play is still fine. Raising might scare away sometimes weaker hands.

Best Regards.