Done with SNG

• SecurityDrew
      SecurityDrew
      Bronze
      So I have been a little lax with my updates. summer time and all that. I have also decided to change my tactics, or actually my strategy to get back into a positive mind space for poker. And thankfully I think I am there.

I have decided to give SNGs a break. Although SNG been berry berry good to me in the past, its just not working right now. So what to replace it with. I used to play a lot of RUSH on FTP and since PS has introduced Zoom I figured why not give it a go. So starting in June I have been putting in around 3k hands a day starting at NL2. And the graph looks like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So looking good. Built my $75 bankroll up to $200 and started at the NL5. Which looks like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am finding that a high variance game results from overplaying TP and OP at low stakes. i think this is common. So I am concentrating now on NOT STACKING OFF WITH TP/OP. Slowly I am getting there.

I think I will try to post about once a month now. Love that I will be getting my FTP roll back - my wife's iPad I said I would buy her if I ever saw that money again.
  • 6 replies
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      [quote][i]
      I am finding that a high variance game results from overplaying TP and OP at low stakes. i think this is common. So I am concentrating now on NOT STACKING OFF WITH TP/OP. Slowly I am getting there.

[/quote]SO in order to 'avoid variance' you will not take a + EV play?
      That would be a huge mistake imo and you would be creating a leak of yours from nothing..Almost always Top Pair good kicker and OP should be treated as the nuts on lower stakes, even on some mid stakes.

Just an oppinion :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think what op's talking about is playing against raises. imo pleno has put it perfectly - something like "on micros with top pair you bet/bet/bet, but when they raise you fold"

imo your average fr25- zoom player nowadays is pretty damn tight and you're not going to show huge profits (if any) by bet/raise/shoving AA on 753r HU single raised pot.
      god forbid if it's 2-suited - then they ALWAYS have it. no such thing as playing draws aggressively, that starts to get more standard on nl50 i guess
    • 4o4ity
      4o4ity
      Bronze
      Zoom poker is very sick imo.
      The poker room give advantage to the fish,cause they can lay a lot of hands(something that fishes love very much) which will make their ranges preflop more tight than the normal tables=>they can play more hand before they are go busto.More hand mean more rake before regs get their money.
      There is no dynamics,cant recognize when someone is in tilt,cant collect reads about the fish cause you play less hands than normal tables,playing against more tight ranges,etc.
      All of these mean that you need to play more hand to realized your advantage=>more of the money go for rake ;)

Sorry for my very bad English :facepalm: :facepalm:
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i think what op's talking about is playing against raises. imo pleno has put it perfectly - something like "on micros with top pair you bet/bet/bet, but when they raise you fold"

imo your average fr25- zoom player nowadays is pretty damn tight and you're not going to show huge profits (if any) by bet/raise/shoving AA on 753r HU single raised pot.
      god forbid if it's 2-suited - then they ALWAYS have it. no such thing as playing draws aggressively, that starts to get more standard on nl50 i guess
      My bad I thought he is talkig about sng's..
    • SecurityDrew
      SecurityDrew
      Bronze
      I have about 200k hands on zoom in the past 6 weeks and I see lots of guys I have no stats on every day. Granted I see a few regs and most of them are play 15/12/ or tighter. I like the bet bet bet advice. and will try it out.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      interesting.
      15/12 were my exact stats after 100k hands :D