[NL2-NL10] nl2 hero AA

• MeAmor22
      MeAmor22
      Bronze
      hy,
      Party, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+1: $2.15 (107.5 bb)
      MP2: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.84 (92 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2.04 (102 bb)
      CO: $2.56 (128 bb)
      MP1: $3.88 (194 bb)
      SB: $2.87 (143.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $0.80 (40 bb)
      MP3: $2.64 (132 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A A
      UTG+1 calls $0.02, 5 folds, BTN calls $0.02, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.16, UTG+1 calls $0.14, BTN folds, SB calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.50) T 9 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, UTG+1 calls $0.26, SB folds

Turn: ($1.02) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.44, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.02 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: T 9 8 7
      UTG+1 mucked and won $0.97 ($0.55 net)
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$0.42 net)

villain stats:48/3/1.3/0/45/319 vpip/pfr/Af/3bet W$SD/hands.
      On turn my fold is ok?
      ty
  • 3 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey MeAmor22

like the raise sizing preflop given that you are OOP.

on the flop, it is a spot where you absolutely MUST bet bigger.
      1)you have the strongest overpair and also backdoor flushdraw.
      2)you are OOP, so you want to make your decisions simple
      3)you are multiway
      4)villain is a huge calling station.

bet between 75% and 100% of the pot. if you don't bet big, you are just losing a ton of value and you also give straight and flush draws the chance to catch up.

the turn is obviously extremely ugly, however given how loose and passive villain is i still think that you must fire again. he can have any KT, K9, K8, QT, Q9, Q8 and maybe some crappy pocket pairs that he wanted to see a turn with. Not only that, if you are behind on the turn now, you have turned your backdoor flush draw. he might slowplay his flush or straight and run into your nuts at the river if you improve.

i think it is a big leak to bet flop and check/fold turn. if you replace this with bet/fold flop, bet/fold turn you will often get to see a showdown with the best hand and avoid being bluffed when you show weakness.

as played, you have to fold now. only other option is to turn your hand into a bluff catcher which isn't ideal on such a board. against such a passive guy we have to assume we are beaten here now.

so in summary, bet much bigger on the flop - you don't want to let people draw out cheaply. also fire second barrels when you have a made hand - even though the draw hits.

my 2c :)

p.s. also moved to the hand evaluation forum where veriz/kaitz will see it.
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      IMO you should have bet pot on the flop, make his call with a draw -EV and try smaller block bet at the turn since you're OOP and he's passive to see the river and maybe hit nut flush, and if you get reraised fold.

Your fold is on the turn is ok since there are too many hands beating your aces and that's a pretty big bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MeAmor22,

You have to Bet the flop bigger, we need to protect there and otherwise I'd just Check/Fold the turn whilst a lot of draws got there and we ain't getting called from a lot worse.

Best Regards.