Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1852120
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $12.36 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 0,5, Hands: 31
      SB: $11.00 - VPIP: 48, PFR: 10, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 31
      BB: $10.42 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 2,3, Hands: 86
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 1,5, Hands: 53
      Hero (CO): $10.00 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 4,4, Hands: 45642

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with 6 :heart: A :club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB calls $0.25, BB raises to $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.30) T :diamond: 5 :heart: Q :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: ($4.90) 2 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, BB checks

River: ($4.90) A :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.20, BB calls $1.20

At the time of play I had a VPIP/PFR of 13/7 (-1 hand since HEM2 messes up stats in the replayer). So I wanted to know if I am adjusting according to my table image well enough? I mean, I can't keep waiting for a hand because I ought to be able to create more fold equity with my semi-tight image. Thought that this could be a good way to adapt. Also SB is loose so this should be ok.
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

So? Just cause you have been playing tight doesn't mean that at some point you now how to play loose to get some image. Just wait a bit more and will get decent hand, I wouldn't raise that loose whilst having more aggressive 3bettor on teh blinds.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      Ok, fair enough.

But should we not be more inclined to open perhaps a bit looser with such tight image? Do we not get more fold equity preflop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      Ok, fair enough.

But should we not be more inclined to open perhaps a bit looser with such tight image? Do we not get more fold equity preflop?
      Why? :) Especially from a 48/10 guy? :D
      Bronze
      Why?

I would imagine that the opponents sitting behind us would be at least less inclined to 3Bet looser, maybe even less inclined to call with hands like KQ or AT or something since our range might look stronger/tighter overall. Of course, provided they are even paying attention to that.

Especially from a 48/10 guy?

Would it not be profitable if we ended up in a HU pot IP against him with initiative, if even just with our A6o?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I would imagine that the opponents sitting behind us would be at least less inclined to 3Bet looser, maybe even less inclined to call with hands like KQ or AT or something since our range might look stronger/tighter overall. Of course, provided they are even paying attention to that.

So you think that just cause you are tighter you get less 3bet and called tighter? :P Hardly doubt so, I'd be even more inclined to 3bet vs you than vs any other guy.

Would it not be profitable if we ended up in a HU pot IP against him with initiative, if even just with our A6o?

Why?
      Bronze
      Hardly doubt so, I'd be even more inclined to 3bet vs you than vs any other guy.

Because it is easier to play against someone who is tighter? I.e. his hands are easier to read etc.?

Would it not be profitable if we ended up in a HU pot IP against him with initiative, if even just with our A6o? Why?

We can often times take down the pot unimproved, we can also hit our TP and get value from his 2nd pair hands. The hand itself is indeed weak and villain likely even often does not maybe fold to cBets with even his small pairs or A high but is it still not a profitable spot? We even have close to 50% equity against villains loose range.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hardly doubt so, I'd be even more inclined to 3bet vs you than vs any other guy.

Because it is easier to play against someone who is tighter? I.e. his hands are easier to read etc.?

Would it not be profitable if we ended up in a HU pot IP against him with initiative, if even just with our A6o? Why?

We can often times take down the pot unimproved, we can also hit our TP and get value from his 2nd pair hands. The hand itself is indeed weak and villain likely even often does not maybe fold to cBets with even his small pairs or A high but is it still not a profitable spot? We even have close to 50% equity against villains loose range.
      Well, but then don't you think that A6 is a bit too bottom hand to Call cause the fish might even not Call that many worse Ax hands and you may easily just over-value your hand? :) And start maybe a bit higher Ax hands instead. Cause what can A6 hit? Pretty much nothing, not even a straight nor the pair ain't going to be clear for you how good it is. Nor you don't know if you have decent fold equity vs the guy or if you doing it for value.
      Bronze
      So you think that just cause you are tighter you get less 3bet and called tighter? Hardly doubt so, I'd be even more inclined to 3bet vs you than vs any other guy

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So you think that just cause you are tighter you get less 3bet and called tighter? Hardly doubt so, I'd be even more inclined to 3bet vs you than vs any other guy

I was hoping that you just repeated my thoughts what you usually do. :D Yes of course and they usually also lay down hands very easy.