Sweat session

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Apologies if there is already something like this and I'm just being blind! But on 2+2 there's a sweat session thread where people post if there interested in sweating/being sweated.

Might be an idea for the learning to win/nl section. People just post their limits, game type, and what they are looking for. Example:

'Playing NL10sh @ PS. Looking for someone playing NL10/25+ for a sweat. Also willing to sweat anyone playing NL10 and lower pm if interested'

(obv this could be for plo/sng etc...)
  • 16 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi holmeboy,

Thank you for the suggestion. I am sure our Education team will come comment on this suggestion very soon.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      hihi,

Yeah its something we could potentially look into creating, it's often awkward as you need to accept somebody via the community tool, then message, then get their contact etc.

The concept is very much. I AM ONLINE AND WANT TO GET SWEATED RIGHT NOW, so because of the perhaps slower way of getting in touch rather than plastering Skype's all over the forum (something we definitely don't want)

What do you think could be a good solution?
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Mmm... I've no idea! I know posting skypes is against forum rules so definitely don't want to be encouraging that.

It is easier on 2+2 because you don't have to add, just message the person... So it saves a lot of that back and forth hassle. If I think of any ideas I'll post them here sure...
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      hihi,

Yeah its something we could potentially look into creating, it's often awkward as you need to accept somebody via the community tool, then message, then get their contact etc.

The concept is very much. I AM ONLINE AND WANT TO GET SWEATED RIGHT NOW, so because of the perhaps slower way of getting in touch rather than plastering Skype's all over the forum (something we definitely don't want)

What do you think could be a good solution?
      Isnt there anything you guys can do to be able to sent pm's without being friends? (comm toool)
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ragney

Isnt there anything you guys can do to be able to sent pm's without being friends? (comm toool)
      Yes this is really anoying, please make it possible to not spam but send a small message atleast ;)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Originally posted by ragney

Yes this is really anoying, please make it possible to not spam but send a small message atleast ;)
      I understand this is quite annoying i agree sometimes but then on the other side of the coin, it would make it a lot easier for people to spam you guys, start offering illegal deals without us seeing, people receiving messages from people they would rather not.

If you could see how many spam bots send me emails everyday via this forum you might be glad you have to add people first :D

I wonder if there is some kind of middle ground we can find, anyone have any idea?
    • Maloco87
      Maloco87
      Bronze
      what is a sweat session?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Maloco87
      what is a sweat session?
      when somebody watches and discusses the play of another player - while they are playing - it is called sweating. so a sweat session is when you have your session watched by somebody else. you can often get advice on how to play in certain spots when you are unsure and it is a great and practical way of learning :)

it tends to be done via skype and the player's screen is shared with the sweater via some sort of screen sharing tool like join.me or TeamViewer for example.
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      My suggestion - to have checkbox in profile page where you can set if you want to recieve personal messages without being friends. And if you want to send message without being friends u have to write numbers/letters from captcha to make it harded for spam bots.
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I hope I can post this link here as it has nothing to do with with other poker affiliates just gaming
      http://hupitgaming.com/sharing-gamertags
      They have a system that is basically online dating for gamers.
      The only problem is that pokerstrategy forum isn't that big to create something like this because only a few people will end up using it. I think just a good old sticky sweat session thread would do and and yes adding people to community and sending letters and all that is a hassle, but in reality if you can't get a hold of the person then why would he make a great sweat session partner? He would probably miss times, not show up or even not answer at all.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Krishjanis
      and yes adding people to community and sending letters and all that is a hassle, but in reality if you can't get a hold of the person then why would he make a great sweat session partner? He would probably miss times, not show up or even not answer at all.
      :f_thumbsup:
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Use google docs for a sign up chart?
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      Originally posted by Maloco87
      what is a sweat session?
      when somebody watches and discusses the play of another player - while they are playing - it is called sweating. so a sweat session is when you have your session watched by somebody else. you can often get advice on how to play in certain spots when you are unsure and it is a great and practical way of learning :)

it tends to be done via skype and the player's screen is shared with the sweater via some sort of screen sharing tool like join.me or TeamViewer for example.
      This is called cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can call it sweating all you want but it is not allowed! You cannot assist another player while playing a game!

Cowboy
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Cowboy,

Poker is not a game anymore that is only played in small,smoky backyard clubs - it is a game where everyone is getting involved, you discuss with each other and have a beer with your friends while playing.
      Of course there is a big difference between someone telling you what to play and you playing microstakes with your friends and everyone shouts "raise 72o!".
      Common sense would tell us that cheating is when decissions are not made by you but by someone else.
      Lets take our live coaching as an example, where we sometimes have so called "public private coaching sessions". Should you join them you will actually see that the student always takes the decissions but they are questioned after they took place. This also brings a better learning experience with it since the student at the first place always has to give a reasoning for what he does.
      I think this same common sense should take place in the sweating sessions DrDunne was refering to, then we will have no problem for anyone.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      some sites have a "one player per hand" rule, some don't. one may want to check that out

still in any case common sense should apply if both really want to get the most out of it
    • C0WB0Y
      C0WB0Y
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SvenBe
      Hi Cowboy,

Poker is not a game anymore that is only played in small,smoky backyard clubs - it is a game where everyone is getting involved, you discuss with each other and have a beer with your friends while playing.
      Of course there is a big difference between someone telling you what to play and you playing microstakes with your friends and everyone shouts "raise 72o!".
      Common sense would tell us that cheating is when decissions are not made by you but by someone else.
      Lets take our live coaching as an example, where we sometimes have so called "public private coaching sessions". Should you join them you will actually see that the student always takes the decissions but they are questioned after they took place. This also brings a better learning experience with it since the student at the first place always has to give a reasoning for what he does.
      I think this same common sense should take place in the sweating sessions DrDunne was refering to, then we will have no problem for anyone.
      Thank you svenbe for the clarification and I'm sure you've spoken to DrDunne about telling someone that "you can often get advice in certain spots when you are unsure how to play"

Someone that is unsure how to play isn't worried about 72o and raising. This is more likely a case where someone has 66 utg and 15 bb's asking the coach what he should do.... the coach telling him what he should do and then the player making the play!

I appreciate that this is not done by any of PS.com coaches and simply a mispeak by DrDunne. :)

Cowboy