[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR - AA on MP2

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (MP2): $6.52 (130.4 bb)
      MP3: $2.78 (55.6 bb)
      CO: $4.04 (80.8 bb)
      BTN: $6.19 (123.8 bb)
      SB: $3.95 (79 bb)
      BB: $5.35 (107 bb)
      UTG+1: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      UTG+2: $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      MP1: $4.46 (89.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 4 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) T 8 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.62) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.03, BB calls $1.03

River: ($3.68) K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3, Hero calls $1.50

Results:
      $9.68 pot ($0.53 rake)
      Final Board: T 8 8 8 K
      Hero mucked A A and lost (-$4.83 net)
      BB showed 8 7 and won $9.15 ($4.32 net)

BB Stats: VPIP: 18, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 2,6, Hands: 139

That kind of player raises on the flop even with a Ten or some higher PP like JJ or QQ, without 3betting Preflop (and not that often they raise w/ trips).
      Due to this, decided to call and see what happens.
      The 8 on the turn confirmed my theory (in my mind), and I started betting on his check.
      Too bad he got a four of a kind.
      Thoughts? Especially on the river.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello AtrociousNightmare,

Well, why do you skip value on the river then if you assume he has a lot of Tx hands in his range? :) Just ship it there.

Best Regards.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, why do you skip value on the river then if you assume he has a lot of Tx hands in his range? :) Just ship it there.

Best Regards.
      With a 4Bet/fold (something like 1.5 or 1.6) on the flop I turn my hand into a bluff right?
      Wouldn't a check behind on river be a better move anyway?
      Even though I can assume he could even have a Tx or JJ QQ hand there, would he really call a shove on the river on such a board?
      Maybe something between 1/3 and 1/2 pot size bet/fold move could be even better there?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare

Best Regards.
      With a 4Bet/fold (something like 1.5 or 1.6) on the flop I turn my hand into a bluff right?
      Even though I can assume he could even have a Tx or JJ QQ hand there, would he really call a shove on the river on such a board?
      Maybe something between 1/3 and 1/2 pot size bet/fold move could be even better there?
      You can't 4bet the flop. You are 3betting the flop. And nope, we ain't turning our hand into bluff. Depends a lot on the opponent.

Well, if you Bet the river for value then just take full stack no half stack. Nor the block-bet doesn't make sense if you planning to Call it off anyways or unless you tries to induce bluff but then you should have make a bigger bet.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze

Best Regards.
      You can't 4bet the flop. You are 3betting the flop. And nope, we ain't turning our hand into bluff. Depends a lot on the opponent.

Well, if you Bet the river for value then just take full stack no half stack. Nor the block-bet doesn't make sense if you planning to Call it off anyways or unless you tries to induce bluff but then you should have make a bigger bet.
      Yeah I meant 3Bet sorry xD
      Obviously if I block-bet the river I don't plan to call it off, that's why I mentioned it. (ignore how I played the river on the actual hand, I don't like it)
      So would a block-bet make sense here?

(sorry for so many questions this hand is giving me problems xD )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Best Regards.

Yeah I meant 3Bet sorry xD
      Obviously if I block-bet the river I don't plan to call it off, that's why I mentioned it. (ignore how I played the river on the actual hand, I don't like it)
      So would a block-bet make sense here?

(sorry for so many questions this hand is giving me problems xD )
      On the river? :P No, I would ship it for value. :D Only realistic sizing is like $1 but even then the guy could easily just have KT. :)