This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Aj sb, sandwich position

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $2.09 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 17, 3B: 4, AF: 2,6, Hands: 841
      BB: $2.48 - VPIP: 41, PFR: 9, 3B: 0, AF: 0,3, Hands: 22
      UTG: $0.78 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 6,0, Hands: 18
      MP: $0.95 - VPIP: 64, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 7,0, Hands: 22
      CO: $1.17 - VPIP: 43, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 1,7, Hands: 21
      BTN: $1.90 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 22

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with J :heart: A :club:
      UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, CO raises to $0.06, hero?
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would prefer 3-betting that spot for value to 0.18$. I have to fold to 4-bet, but I would isolate co raise and very likely take pot down pre-flop or c-bet on the flop (also if I hit J, A or better I´m fine playing for stacks)

best regards,
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

I would prefer 3-betting that spot for value to 0.18$. I have to fold to 4-bet, but I would isolate co raise and very likely take pot down pre-flop or c-bet on the flop (also if I hit J, A or better I´m fine playing for stacks)

best regards,
      We are behind against his calling range. He is not just stealing, because there is one limper already.
      With a 3b we isolate ourselves against better hands. It's -EV, or?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

best regards,
      We are behind against his calling range. He is not just stealing, because there is one limper already.
      With a 3b we isolate ourselves against better hands. It's -EV, or?
      consider his stack size (60bb) I think he would easily call our 3-bet with a lot of boardway hands or pp-s that he would give up if he misses. 3BB raise isn´t really monster and since we have very likely best hand I would prefer take advantage (if we call we often have to fold if we don´t hit any pair or draw). Also if you only 3-bet QQ+/AK then other players have very easy to play against us- they would fold all everything worse and only call for small pp-s to hit sets. If your 3-bet range is a lot wider, then you get a lot more action if you also have monsters.

best regards,