zumpar
      Bronze
      u should have around 50BI's for SNG's i guess
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      How long have u been playing?
      What games (#entrants) do u have exp. ?
      How many games at once, per day will u play?

All of these factors will help decide which games/stakes u should play, ie. on Stars $300 is probably better suited to $3.50.

You still need to decie if you will play normal/turbo/hyper-turbo speed, which will increase your BR needs at each level.

If you are playing on a site with reduced sit'n'go traffic you should maybe think about trying out 5nl with 60 BI.
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      Originally posted by jaggedlink
      How long have u been playing?
      What games (#entrants) do u have exp. ?
      How many games at once, per day will u play?

All of these factors will help decide which games/stakes u should play, ie. on Stars $300 is probably better suited to $3.50.

You still need to decie if you will play normal/turbo/hyper-turbo speed, which will increase your BR needs at each level.

If you are playing on a site with reduced sit'n'go traffic you should maybe think about trying out 5nl with 60 BI.
      even NL10 with 30 and study hard
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey prime.

How much experience do you have. If you haven't played SnGs much in the past its no good jumping straight in at say $5+ games (no idea what the amounts are at stars) cos you will just get crushed start at around $3 giving you 100 Buy-Ins, hopefully enough to take the swings.

Of course as already said in this thread if you are planning on playing turbos or 6max or 18, 27, 45+ man games then the variance is gonna be bigger and a lot more noticeable so you may want to start with 150-200BI's until you feel comfortable.

Best of luck
      Carl
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      This is why I prefer cash games. Unless you are really bad at it you can't swing more than 10 buyins really without it being mostly your fault for bad play.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      This is why I prefer cash games. Unless you are really bad at it you can't swing more than 10 buyins really without it being mostly your fault for bad play.
      I have to disagree with you. I've been on an 11BI swing. Of course I make HUGE mistakes, but I still play well enough to beat the limit @ the time.

I play SH cash games.

@ Prime333

I'm not sure about the BRM on SnG's, but I see you received information from more people. But I suggest you read this article as well.

best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      A long time ago I was this naive too. Just wait till variance really hits you sir. Then let us know.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze

I have posted winrate as 1bb/100 because if u suspect to be better than 1 of the others at the table u play sng, i think that suits fine.

Look how it can go, u wont know how much under or over ev u would get, there fore strict brm.

This is over 7500 hands, so i think i can fairly say 1 tour is 50-150 hands (non turbo) there fore this might be like ~100 tours u could look at it as.

U are not the master of who wins with aces. Variance is, and as u see, if u suspect urselft to be better than 1/10 person in a 10 man sng - the pic above.

Hence the big std deviation, i though it suited nicely to a 10 man sng ;D there u go. Ofc the "most" unlucky try, and the "most" lucky try on the graph would get closer to eachother as soon as u can suspect urself to be better than 2 @ the table in a 10 man sng :)

Start with 1$ imo, play 33, move up to next step, if ur up. Play 66 more if ure down. If ure down just to lets say 285$ by then, move down. And then move up again. :D Its much more fun.
      Ur choice ofc.
      Good luck!!