This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

$300 Bankroll

• 8 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      u should have around 50BI's for SNG's i guess
    • jaggedlink
      jaggedlink
      Bronze
      How long have u been playing?
      What games (#entrants) do u have exp. ?
      How many games at once, per day will u play?

All of these factors will help decide which games/stakes u should play, ie. on Stars $300 is probably better suited to $3.50.

You still need to decie if you will play normal/turbo/hyper-turbo speed, which will increase your BR needs at each level.

If you are playing on a site with reduced sit'n'go traffic you should maybe think about trying out 5nl with 60 BI.
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jaggedlink
      How long have u been playing?
      What games (#entrants) do u have exp. ?
      How many games at once, per day will u play?

All of these factors will help decide which games/stakes u should play, ie. on Stars $300 is probably better suited to $3.50.

You still need to decie if you will play normal/turbo/hyper-turbo speed, which will increase your BR needs at each level.

If you are playing on a site with reduced sit'n'go traffic you should maybe think about trying out 5nl with 60 BI.
      even NL10 with 30 and study hard
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey prime.

How much experience do you have. If you haven't played SnGs much in the past its no good jumping straight in at say $5+ games (no idea what the amounts are at stars) cos you will just get crushed start at around $3 giving you 100 Buy-Ins, hopefully enough to take the swings.

Of course as already said in this thread if you are planning on playing turbos or 6max or 18, 27, 45+ man games then the variance is gonna be bigger and a lot more noticeable so you may want to start with 150-200BI's until you feel comfortable.

Best of luck
      Carl
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      This is why I prefer cash games. Unless you are really bad at it you can't swing more than 10 buyins really without it being mostly your fault for bad play.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      This is why I prefer cash games. Unless you are really bad at it you can't swing more than 10 buyins really without it being mostly your fault for bad play.
      I have to disagree with you. I've been on an 11BI swing. Of course I make HUGE mistakes, but I still play well enough to beat the limit @ the time.

I play SH cash games.

@ Prime333

I'm not sure about the BRM on SnG's, but I see you received information from more people. But I suggest you read this article as well.

best of luck on the tables!

RasTweet
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mute20
      A long time ago I was this naive too. Just wait till variance really hits you sir. Then let us know.
    • martinemem
      martinemem
      Bronze

I have posted winrate as 1bb/100 because if u suspect to be better than 1 of the others at the table u play sng, i think that suits fine.

Look how it can go, u wont know how much under or over ev u would get, there fore strict brm.

This is over 7500 hands, so i think i can fairly say 1 tour is 50-150 hands (non turbo) there fore this might be like ~100 tours u could look at it as.

U are not the master of who wins with aces. Variance is, and as u see, if u suspect urselft to be better than 1/10 person in a 10 man sng - the pic above.

Hence the big std deviation, i though it suited nicely to a 10 man sng ;D there u go. Ofc the "most" unlucky try, and the "most" lucky try on the graph would get closer to eachother as soon as u can suspect urself to be better than 2 @ the table in a 10 man sng :)

Start with 1$ imo, play 33, move up to next step, if ur up. Play 66 more if ure down. If ure down just to lets say 285$ by then, move down. And then move up again. :D Its much more fun.
      Ur choice ofc.
      Good luck!!