UTG: $66.14
      UTG+1: $102.53
      UTG+2: $54.59
      MP: $39.41
      Hero (MP+1): $71.44
      CO: $50.50

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.05, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $3.55

stats after hand

bigger vs such a player and stacks.

Flop: ($10.85, 2 players) 3:diamond: 5:spade: 9:diamond:
      UTG+1 bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50
      ?(
      think he definitely has the sets in his range here

Turn: ($19.85, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $7.77, UTG+1 calls $7.77
      i thought his line looked like some TT-JJ type of hand after the turn so i size for him to hero me with these

River: ($35.39, 2 players) 4:spade:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $9.99, a little time, UTG+1 raises to $36.88, fold

UTG+1 wins $52.88

as played, do you think i may have induced a bluff or is his line more towards sets and of course QQ?
  • 7 replies
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      really interesting hand!!!!

flop: well you can never know some player donk bets with strong hands some other donk bet just in case you have AK or something to steal the pot... just call for pot control look fine to me

turn: his turn check makes no sence even with a set cause there are 2 flush out there but i think you made a mistake on the turn betting 1/3 of the pot looks to weak plus he could check cause he had air on the flop and now has a flush draw or something ... i whould have bet something like around 13-14$

river: i dont like the bet here just check behind

his line is more than wierd thats for sure :)
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      now the more i think about it the more i want to hero him here :D odds aren't even that awful

i'm not really giving him credit for the backdoor flush, it's sets or missed fd type of hand
      i think river is a clear vbet vs his JJ-TT type of hands or even worse. the question is how much, if he "puts me on AK" or something he's not turning his made hands into bluffs unless he's a sicko

tbh i bet turn that low (almost gives him the odds) because i almost didn't even think about the possibility of him having fd, but that's well possible ofc. river i didn't think a whole damn lot before folding because, as said before, i wasn't putting him on a lot of fds :D
      my feeling was that he had QQ which turned a set and went FPS. :f_biggrin:

cliffs: i couldn't assign him a range properly :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: 3bet size way too small, giving good odds to Call vs you.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you Bet the turn so small? And why do you bet the river at all, how many worse hands pay you there?

Best Regards.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i was going for "thin value" from middle pairs. :f_biggrin:
      nowadays i should know better, as in "bet turn big to avoid bluffs and checkbehind river" instead of this :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      i was going for "thin value" from middle pairs. :f_biggrin:
      nowadays i should know better, as in "bet turn big to avoid bluffs and checkbehind river" instead of this :D
      But why not just Bet the turn a bit bigger and also even protect from draws and then have easy Check behind? Instead going for such move which exactly proves that you don't have a strong hand.
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      hey tomaloc you only play zoom ?

is it better for you that the full ring games?

i have never tried zoom just few times for fun and see how it is
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      wouldn't say that it's "better" but i just love the format too much. :f_biggrin:

imo best points are that you are always in the action even when playing very few tables... and that you don't have to bother with keeping up reasonable tables (not going to say "table selection", there still are some things about table selection :D )

also dynamics are different, not sure what exactly to say about it.
      in the lower limits there is more of a "lack of dynamics" that you can massively exploit :f_biggrin: (by that i mean people are not really caring about what you are doing)