I know I am ranting but........what to do about those Russkies

• Valsomething
      Valsomething
      Bronze
      I realise this article is going to sound like I am ranting.......and to some extent, I agree with you. But after deliberating for a while, I thought to put myself out there with the hope someone might give me a suggestion that might help. It is about those maniac Russian players.

Now to begin, I am not saying ALL Russian players are maniacs, but over the course of the past year, the number of these maniacs have increased expotentially.

I have been playing poker online for the past 5 years and I have never seen the kind of crazy hands played by Russians - and winning. Of course there always has been and always will be maniacs - but usually these are cosidered fodder - "yum yum" you say. Sure they luck a hand off you every now and then but in the end the law of averages gets them - but not the Russkies.

I frequently check the ITM of maniacs after either watching or being involved in a hand with them and they usually have 7%-9% ITMs (I know I know, ITM doesn't tell you everything) but it does give you some idea if the player is a risk taker or not who lose more than they win - but not the Russkies.

For example, at the middle stages of a MTT, a player at MP3 raises, the Russkie on the button reraises, I on the BB with AA reraise. The MP3 goes all in with AQo (smallest stack and pot commited), the Russkie reraises and I go all in which he calls to reveal K8o. The hand ends with the Russkie with trip 8's and botting me off the MTT. I had a look at his ITM and in 2012, over 7 months and over a thousand ranked games, this Russkie managed an ITM of 17%. Really?

In another, a Russkie raises EP2, I in MP2 with KK, 3 bet, the Ruskkie 4bets , I 5bet, the Russkie pushes all in and I call. He reveals 93o ends with a full house to boot me off. When I had a look at his ITM - 24% over 6 months. Disbelief.

Yes it is always possible to luck a hand or two - it is even possible to have a fantastic run at a MTT and hit everything you play. But to do this consistently over a course of 6-7 months playing like a maniac? Defies all mathmatical probabilities.

Yes I know bad beats are part of the game. But it is one thing to call a maniac all in and lucking out, it is another to be 3,4 5 betted with ridiculous cards and losing. More importantly, this isn't an isolated case, this happens way way to often and not just to me but I have seen similar plays occur to other players with increasing regularity.

But I am digressing......I didn't start this article to talk about the bad beats (ok ok maybe wanted to rant a bit).

The question I wanted to pose is - all throughout 2012, I have been booted off MTTs by these maniac Russkies. Unfortunately my hand histories do not tell me the country of my opponents but I would not be exaggerating if I said possibly 80% or more (ok ok maybe not that much but a lot and very often).

Not only are these Russkies denying me my payday but they have taken all the enjoyment from the game - almost to a point I have considered stopping playing online.

I keep telling myself "I won't let these Russkies deny me the game enjoyed and still enjoy" so I keep plugging away.

I have tried to adjust - just flat calling and not raising in some MTTs. Not calling all ins from Russkies. I even went as far as playing an entire MTT where I folded every time a Russkie was in a hand regardless of what I had. Then I find myself saying, just play your game and don't make allowances for them.

However, no matter what I did, the end result always seemed to be the same - one key hand when I lose a big chunk of my chips or in many cases, get booted off by a maniac Russian playing stupidly.

I am completely and utterly confused, frustrated and at a loss. Any suggestions welcome.
  • 7 replies
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      tl;dr
    • w4terman
      w4terman
      Bronze
      just play normally :)

truth is many russians are very aggressive but thats not bad :)

its only increase the bad beads you are going to have but in generall its VERY good for you!

after all AA vs random is close to 80-20 dont underestinate 20% happens very often:)

i lost yesterday deep in a tournament 20 left from in a field of 3k people
      there was one russian playier with around 20bb shoving like 40% of his hand from any possition i reshoved with AQ and i lost the 60-40 he had K8

keep doing the right moves and you are gonna do fine
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Just take their money, its not hard.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      this thread probably should clear up your concerns

Rusian Hackers
    • zobupasts
      zobupasts
      Bronze
      Feel my power! Bring more Russians!
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynLSJHxBags

do it like this
    • Valsomething
      Valsomething
      Bronze
      Hehehehe....thanks for all your input.

I am trying to play my normal game but I am really getting sick and tired of getting booted off by maniac Russians. The occassional one every now and then, that's poker. But a few times every day for 6-7 months - there is only so much before you start breaking things :)

As I write this, a Russkie reraises from the SB, I on BB with JJ, I 3 bet and the russkie goes all in to reveal Q2o and you guessed it, hits a Q on the turn and another MTT down the drain.

I know I am not the only one getting cleaned up by badly playing Russians as I see plenty of player suffer similar fates as me on various MTTs.

It just would be nice to see some justice every now and then and they get their just deserve for playing so badly - and it doesn't have to be against me - anyone will do.