[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - JJ gets low 4bet

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Hi,

I was wondering what to do in this kind of situation. Villain is 24/19, AF2.8, 3bet 4.9 over 200 hands. No special reads on him. Preflop, I 3bet to pick up the flop preflop, or at least have initiative postflop if he calls. Then he makes a very strange 4bet. What to do now? Folding is not possible I guess because of the pot odds.

After that I called on the flop, but felt that I should have folded already there. What would you do in this situation? Do you think the 4bet pre-flop was to keep me in the hand (villain having AA), or rather an “information-4bet”, in the sense that he now knows that I probably have 99-QQ, and not AA/KK? It also came from a villain with rather solid stats, that’s why the strange betsize surprised me…

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($23.92)
      Hero ($10.84)
      UTG ($13.06)
      UTG+1 ($9.55)
      CO ($11.27)
      BTN ($9.85)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, CO raises to $1.70, Hero calls $0.70

FLOP ($3.45) 9:club: 4:spade: 8:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.73, Hero calls $1.73

TURN ($6.91) 9:club: 4:spade: 8:spade: K:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $3.46, Hero folds

CO wins $6.45
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MoneyStef,

Preflop: Well, I can't really do much with 3bet stat cause it doesn't tell much about his 4bet stat. I can just assume that he 4bets a lot less? Also what about his fold to 3bet? Do you think he is capable of calling with worse?

As played
      Postflop: Well, didn't you assume that he 4bets loose preflop so Calling flop is still kinda must and reevaluate the turn.

Best Regards.
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      He only had 3 3bet situations before: he called twice, and 4betted once. Difficult to judge from this very small sample, but it shows that he doesn't insta-fold on 3bets.

But because of his low 3bet % I guessed he was not overly aggressive pre-flop + looked like he wanted to keep me in the hand with this min 4bet.

Does this extra info change the judging of the hand?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by MoneyStef
      He only had 3 3bet situations before: he called twice, and 4betted once. Difficult to judge from this very small sample, but it shows that he doesn't insta-fold on 3bets.

But because of his low 3bet % I guessed he was not overly aggressive pre-flop + looked like he wanted to keep me in the hand with this min 4bet.

Does this extra info change the judging of the hand?
      Well, then lets continue what's hero's image and how could villain see you. But usually both options are considerable, most likely vs such a sizing ain't wrong to Call and play postflop.

If hero's image is also aggressive then he could just try to play back vs us. :)