W S O P

• Ninja900
      Ninja900
      Bronze
      Hi There,
      Just thought I would let you all know of my experience of playing on Betfair.

I have played in a number of their Freerolls and it is pretty much standard fare.

Last week I played in one called 'Freeroll to the 16k Guaranteed" Winner gets a seat in this tournament no other places paid. So I was at a loose end with an hour or so to spare and I entered myself into it along with another 800 or so players. With only 1 seat as a prize I thought this is a rubbish waste of time so just sat watching the TV and occasionally looking at the Computer Screen to see what was going on. Well, I went on like this for a couple of hours and checked the Tourney Stats to find that I was second Chip Leader and we were down to about 50 Players left. I continued to watch the TV and play a few hands and an hour later I am at the Final Table. So I started to take it a bit more seriously and to cut a long story short won the Tournament and the seat.
      There was a problem though.
      The seat was in that nights 16k Tournament and it had been running for half an hour already. So I thought oh well that was a waste of time.
      I Emailed Betfair Customer Service the next day and explained what had happened. They got back to me within the hour and agreed that I couldn't play in that tourney because it had already started so they would manually put me in for the next one which was on Monday.
      Monday night came and there were 133 players registered one of which was Annette 15 Betfair Pokers Pro and last years winner of the European W S O P. Bearing in mind that it costs 109 Dollars to enter this Tournament and would never consider putting any of my own money into anything this expensive I was slightly apprehensive about the whole thing.
      So I lasted the first hour sitting pretty tight and had increased my stack by about 50% and was starting to enjoy things.
      Another half an hour went past and I was moved to another table. Guess who was there ? Annette 15.
      So I played at that table and then this happened :

L Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee, Level:5 Blinds(75/150-(no ante)) - Monday, June 09, 20:31:30 GMT 2008
      Daily $16k GTD #149652
      Table 6 9-max (Real Money)

BB: the phister ( 2,400 )
      Seat 2: gyongyi ( 5,314.50 )
      Seat 3: anker308 ( 5,379.75 )
      Seat 4: Keith A ( 8,350 )
      Seat 5: blackday ( 8,296 )
      Seat 6: Deadly007 ( 7,155 )
      Seat 7: Hero( 6,087.50 )
      Button: joffy ( 2,370 )
      SB: Annette 15 ( 3,457.50 )
      Tourney Level:5 Blinds(75/150-(no ante))
      Annette 15 posts small blind [75]
      the phister posts big blind [150]

Preflop: Hero is dealt A♠, J♣

gyongyi folds, anker308 folds, Keith A folds, blackday folds, Deadly007 folds, Hero raises to 525, joffy folds, Annette 15 raises all in 3,457.50, the phister folds, stavros 1 calls 2,932.50

**Showdown**

Hero shows A♠, J♣
      Annette 15 shows T♥, A♦

Flop: K♣, 9♥, 7♥

Turn: 3♠

River: 6♥

Hero wins 7,065 from main pot with high card Ace and knocks Annette 15 out of the Tournament.
      The result of knocking Annette 15 out is that I get entered into a special Tournament with about 25 other players with top prize being a 16k W S O P Betfair package to Las Vegas. Places 2-11 get a 550 Dollar seat for the last 6 Betfair packages to Las Vegas. So I am really quite excited about the whole thing. Although come 8pm on Saturday it will be a different story once the nerves set in again.
      Getting back to the Tourney as I was still playing. Got some good cards around half way through and made it to 4th Chip Leader. It seemed to take ages to get to the Bubble but it did arrive and I burst it and got to the money stage.
      By then though the Blinds were crippling and I was getting trash hand after trash hand. I ended up going All-Inn with a marginal hand as my M Range was less than 3 and rightly got beaten by a better hand.
      But I did finish in 13th place and collected 193 Dollars and this golden opportunity to play in a W S O P Tournament.
      Regards Peter
  • 6 replies
    • fordz08
      fordz08
      Bronze
      wow,that is fantastic,well played sir.good luck with the next set of tournaments.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      nice work, goodluck in the coming tournaments.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Wow very nice, congrats on knocking out annette :)

Good luck on the WSOP qualifier!!

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Simon3501
      Simon3501
      Bronze
      I never win with AJ, whether I'm in front or behind. You're lucky you didn't lose over half your stack if you ask me.
    • IveysHome
      IveysHome
      Bronze
      Very nice post, good luck in the WSOP tourney
    • plusEVqba
      plusEVqba
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ninja900
      Hi There,
      Just thought I would let you all know of my experience of playing on Betfair.

I have played in a number of their Freerolls and it is pretty much standard fare.

Last week I played in one called 'Freeroll to the 16k Guaranteed" Winner gets a seat in this tournament no other places paid. So I was at a loose end with an hour or so to spare and I entered myself into it along with another 800 or so players. With only 1 seat as a prize I thought this is a rubbish waste of time so just sat watching the TV and occasionally looking at the Computer Screen to see what was going on. Well, I went on like this for a couple of hours and checked the Tourney Stats to find that I was second Chip Leader and we were down to about 50 Players left. I continued to watch the TV and play a few hands and an hour later I am at the Final Table. So I started to take it a bit more seriously and to cut a long story short won the Tournament and the seat.
      There was a problem though.
      The seat was in that nights 16k Tournament and it had been running for half an hour already. So I thought oh well that was a waste of time.
      I Emailed Betfair Customer Service the next day and explained what had happened. They got back to me within the hour and agreed that I couldn't play in that tourney because it had already started so they would manually put me in for the next one which was on Monday.
      Monday night came and there were 133 players registered one of which was Annette 15 Betfair Pokers Pro and last years winner of the European W S O P. Bearing in mind that it costs 109 Dollars to enter this Tournament and would never consider putting any of my own money into anything this expensive I was slightly apprehensive about the whole thing.
      So I lasted the first hour sitting pretty tight and had increased my stack by about 50% and was starting to enjoy things.
      Another half an hour went past and I was moved to another table. Guess who was there ? Annette 15.
      So I played at that table and then this happened :

L Texas Hold'em $100 Buy-in + $9 Entry Fee, Level:5 Blinds(75/150-(no ante)) - Monday, June 09, 20:31:30 GMT 2008
      Daily $16k GTD #149652
      Table 6 9-max (Real Money)

BB: the phister ( 2,400 )
      Seat 2: gyongyi ( 5,314.50 )
      Seat 3: anker308 ( 5,379.75 )
      Seat 4: Keith A ( 8,350 )
      Seat 5: blackday ( 8,296 )
      Seat 6: Deadly007 ( 7,155 )
      Seat 7: Hero( 6,087.50 )
      Button: joffy ( 2,370 )
      SB: Annette 15 ( 3,457.50 )
      Tourney Level:5 Blinds(75/150-(no ante))
      Annette 15 posts small blind [75]
      the phister posts big blind [150]

Preflop: Hero is dealt A♠, J♣

gyongyi folds, anker308 folds, Keith A folds, blackday folds, Deadly007 folds, Hero raises to 525, joffy folds, Annette 15 raises all in 3,457.50, the phister folds, stavros 1 calls 2,932.50

**Showdown**

Hero shows A♠, J♣
      Annette 15 shows T♥, A♦

Flop: K♣, 9♥, 7♥

Turn: 3♠

River: 6♥

Hero wins 7,065 from main pot with high card Ace and knocks Annette 15 out of the Tournament.
      The result of knocking Annette 15 out is that I get entered into a special Tournament with about 25 other players with top prize being a 16k W S O P Betfair package to Las Vegas. Places 2-11 get a 550 Dollar seat for the last 6 Betfair packages to Las Vegas. So I am really quite excited about the whole thing. Although come 8pm on Saturday it will be a different story once the nerves set in again.
      Getting back to the Tourney as I was still playing. Got some good cards around half way through and made it to 4th Chip Leader. It seemed to take ages to get to the Bubble but it did arrive and I burst it and got to the money stage.
      By then though the Blinds were crippling and I was getting trash hand after trash hand. I ended up going All-Inn with a marginal hand as my M Range was less than 3 and rightly got beaten by a better hand.
      But I did finish in 13th place and collected 193 Dollars and this golden opportunity to play in a W S O P Tournament.
      Regards Peter
      I have played a few times with U my nickname : Lolipop2009 :p
      U are tight aggresive player ;p

wish U luck