This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL HU buddies blogging da double

• yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      Hi all !

Koen and I are coming from NL boards, starting up a duo blog here in the English section. History in short: we started playing HU both like a year ago. With hours and hours of discussion, we worked our ways trough the stakes.
      At some point Koen decided to go pro, i keep playing as a hobby besides my work.

Having both busy lives and owning HU interaction started to lessen abit. Personally i started to focus too much on grinding and making hours, and didn't review/study/... enough anymore.
      As for Koen , well , he just kept doing great, but lost his most difficult sparring partner i guess :P

For the moment i play up to NL200. In an attempt to really take back the time needed to study, we start up this duo blog :)
      Obv you can ask all the questions you want, and please , even more give all the remarks you want, since we are here to study ;)

Not koen and me obv , but made a nice picture to include here :P
  • 190 replies
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      reserved
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      Will follow this - GL :)
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      yeeeyyy , first follower :D
      We should be posting and crosscommenting alot of hands do feel free to participate in the discussions ;)
    • Gavron23
      Gavron23
      Bronze
      I am a SNG player, but lately have been watching some NLHU videos in order to work on my postflop skills, and have to say this format seems very interesting to me - will ask some questions, offer an oppinion when I don't think I would look to inadequate :D
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      fg
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      Hand 1:

Normally i would 3bet about 10 but more likely 11bb because we are a bit deeper then 100bb. The guy was loose pre and very fit/fold and agressive post. But since i didnt 3b much against him because i was only valueplaying him i made it 9bb so he wouldnt fold and maybe 4bet me because the few times i did 3bet him he 4betted me. Not sure if this is the right ajustment, maybe i should have made it 11 but i tried to induce and at least let him call his entire 70% openings range.

On flops he folds 83% so i induced the crap out of him :)

IPoker, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $123.47 (123.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $169.93 (169.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A Q
      SB raises to $3, Hero raises to $9, SB calls $6

Flop: ($18) 8 4 A (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $56, Hero calls $56

Turn: ($130) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $58.47 and is all-in, Hero calls $58.47

River: ($246.94) 3 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hand 2:
      This guys stats: oR 74 and defend 57%. Cbet 63 on flop and 33 on turn, AF 1,9. Bet vs checks on later streets 100%. 3bet 19%.
      On pTR i saw that he had like 80-100% cbet on River, so i didnt feel like to call 2 times again and i folded, think even without that fact vs this guy the T is a fold?

BB: $121.05 (121.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $146.25 (146.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 K
      Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($10) 7 9 2 (2 players)
      BB bets $7.50, Hero calls $7.50

Turn: ($25) A (2 players)
      BB bets $18.75, Hero folds

Hand 3:
      Same guy as hand 2. F raise standard i guess, especially because he folded very low on the 3 streets. (20/0/0 so far!). T i guess bet/fold is best. Mayb he calls a 1card FD now or is even stupid enoigh to call Ax/4x or a lower pair then 77's. ch/c is worse i guess because is AF is only 1,9 and his range is so wide that if i call i should call twice, but i have no reads at all if he is capable of bluffing twice with like overs, Ax etc.

SB: $119.80 (119.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $150 (150 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 7
      SB raises to $3, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($6) 3 5 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets $3, Hero raises to $10, SB calls $7

Turn: ($26) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $17, SB folds
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      Hand 4: Same gu as the first hand but i didnt knew he was that much of a spewtard in this time of the match. I did see he was more agressivly then average so i decided to call him down, R was a bad card and he made it so big that i folded. Most agro fishes only bluf draws 2 times as well. Dont know if a flopraise is better, because his donk does look like air/draw/weak pair, but if he 3bets i dont know if we should stack off because he wouldnt do that with a gutshot or something imo, neither a worse pair, only a FD and things that beat us i guess.

BB: $81.10 (81.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $121 (121 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3 K
      Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) K 9 Q (2 players)
      BB bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($12) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $11, Hero calls $11

River: ($34) T (2 players)
      BB bets $42, Hero folds
    • LetsGambleBaby
      LetsGambleBaby
      Global
      GL :D
    • 3BetMe4Free
      3BetMe4Free
      Bronze
      Goodluck!
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Following! =)
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      hand 1: its always difficult to get a feel for how your opponent is going to react to diff 3betsizings if you have no extended history/dynamics of 3betting. Opp 1 will think smaller is stronger , opp 2 will think small==better odds to bluf , so weaker.
      This is imo one of the points where only you , in the feel of the game , can decide what option works best.

On the flop vs this guy its pretty clear the move u make is best.
      Vs a less unbalanced guy the obvious move would be still to check , since he barely can have any draw , Ax will prob bet , blufs can bet , etc...
      Problem is he can decide he only has 2 streets of value at max with Ax anyhow so ch back flop (and then you have to bet turn coz too dangerous to recieve another checkback)
      Also , this board is an ideal board for cbetting ure 3betrange , so if i were him i'd be very suspicious if you check.

If he checks back the turn , you shove the river ureself i assume?
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      hand 2:

yeh , can't image much in a 2barrel range u r still gonna beat , since the A hits his range very nice. Only hands you beat are broadway FD hands , who have a very nice bluffing spot on this turn , but like you say , then ure calling to fold any river (or ch back and see JJ)

More interesting imo , what if turn is an offsuited 5 ? I assume call turn , but then , what is our river play?
      imo:
      fold any club
      fold on A/Q/J/T
      raise 9/K
      call rest ?
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      Y then i shove R and agreed with the rest :)

2 more hands just played

Hand 5:

this kid was playing like 80-80 and 3betting 25% and didnt fold before to another 4bet so i thought it would be profitable to 4bet 88. On flops he is quit fit folding a lot and he has an af of 10. So i think ch/shove would have been the better move in stead of cbetting. But i didnt knew at that point that he was folding 82% at flop cbets and the board had some draws so i think a bet might have been fine too. He calls and donks T ai repping Jx a lot but since he did have that AF of 10 and he was betting a lot i decided to call, maybe he would play his draws like this or just something randomly stupid.. But i dont know if i should bend more to a fold.

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players

Hero (SB): $68.83 (68.8 bb)
      BB: $43.10 (43.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8 8
      Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $5, Hero raises to $13, BB calls $8

Flop: ($26) K J 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $12, BB calls $12

Turn: ($50) J (2 players)
      BB bets $18.10 and is all-in, Hero calls $18.10

River: ($86.20) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hand 6:
      Same guy, 1 hand later after he lost. A good chance he was tilted since he had allready proven he is spewy, so i dont think i can fold to any turn, ofcourse this is a nice 1 but like a Kd i prob would have called too since his range is so wide and probably spewy

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players

Hero (SB): $110.43 (110.4 bb)
      BB: $51 (51 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q T
      Hero raises to $3, BB raises to $5, Hero calls $2

Flop: ($10) A Q 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $15, Hero calls $15

Turn: ($40) T (2 players)
      BB bets $31 and is all-in, Hero calls $31

River: ($102) A (2 players, 1 is all-in)
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      hand 3:

wp , one of those spots where ure like basicly bluffing the best hand , since he won't be that stupid to call with worse but ure hand gets unplayable if you dont bluf

hand 4:
      3betting flop sounds kinda awful :P Even vs a maniac i would 3betgetitin since i expect to be either flipping or crushed:)

River he is totally polarising his range but like you say mostly they wont 3barrelbluf , and most of the time these small bet flop-larger turn-very large river are nutlike hands knowing you have a calldown hand which is pretty strong and trying to get max value.
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      hand 5:

with the 3bet-4bet sizes compared to the stacksizes i think 4betting gets you in very ugly spots since you are likely to play on a flop with 1/2 overs where you are cbetting and then folding if he ships while having rediculous odds to call.
      have you ever considered shoving over his 3bet? since a fold nets you 13bb , and i expect to be flipping against his calling range , while you have alot of FE vs his 3bettingrange.
      Consider he calls top 10% of his 3bettingrange , resulting in 60% FE.
      Against top 10% according to equilab you have 45% , against what i define as 10% you have 48% (55+,A9s+,KJs+,QJs,AJo+,KQo).
      The ev of a shove is thus 0.6*13-0.4*(43.10+0.48*86)=7$
      I expect the ev of a normal 4 bet to be lower , thus think of instashoving :)
    • yoshiwa
      yoshiwa
      Bronze
      and explain hand 6 if you call there a non-Tx? would always fold then (im a nit:( )
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yoshiwa
      hand 5:

with the 3bet-4bet sizes compared to the stacksizes i think 4betting gets you in very ugly spots since you are likely to play on a flop with 1/2 overs where you are cbetting and then folding if he ships while having rediculous odds to call.
      have you ever considered shoving over his 3bet? since a fold nets you 13bb , and i expect to be flipping against his calling range , while you have alot of FE vs his 3bettingrange.
      Consider he calls top 10% of his 3bettingrange , resulting in 60% FE.
      Against top 10% according to equilab you have 45% , against what i define as 10% you have 48% (55+,A9s+,KJs+,QJs,AJo+,KQo).
      The ev of a shove is thus 0.6*13-0.4*(43.10+0.48*86)=7$
      I expect the ev of a normal 4 bet to be lower , thus think of instashoving :)
      yeah but i only win 8bb if he folds, not 13 ;)
      so the ev is then 2 bucks? guess a 4bet has a larger EV since he would call his entire 25% range and im sure a ch/shove would be best, he would bet his entire 25% allmost every time and i would do well against that i presume. If i cbet and he shoves im fkd :)
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      and explain hand 6 if you call there a non-Tx? would always fold then (im a nit:( )
      well the guy seemed tilted, barrels a lot, 3bets a lot, spews a lot :P he doesnt need anything to blow his stack away imo :)
      Ofc you can be wrong but oddwise i think its a clear call vs him

Oh yeah, and here is hand 7.

3 hand vs this dude. On ptr he is a big big station, 90 vpip BB/SB, folds like 25% on all streets and is very agressive as well.

So R is fmmmllll but i think shove is still the best option. This idiot might still call Kx, maybe Tx. ch/c would obv be worse, ch/f is maybe an option. But i have nu clue if he blufs Showdownvalue, good chance he does because he has 65% bet on river (donkbets, which also makes it more likely he doesnt have a flush, maybe a baby flush he could be capable of chasing an idiot draw :) ), this also makes it a bit more ok to ch/c.

vs a not so crazy guy i would ch/fold here all day

SB: $75.95 (76 bb)
      Hero (BB): $101.30 (101.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T K
      SB completes, Hero raises to $5, SB calls $4

Flop: ($10) T K 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, SB calls $8

Turn: ($26) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $20, SB calls $20

River: ($66) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $46, SB calls $42.95 and is all-in
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      hand 2:

yeh , can't image much in a 2barrel range u r still gonna beat , since the A hits his range very nice. Only hands you beat are broadway FD hands , who have a very nice bluffing spot on this turn , but like you say , then ure calling to fold any river (or ch back and see JJ)

More interesting imo , what if turn is an offsuited 5 ? I assume call turn , but then , what is our river play?
      imo:
      fold any club
      fold on A/Q/J/T
      raise 9/K
      call rest ?
      Yeah probably call turn but i would be scratching my head at that point since he cbets low (40% or something i thought) on Turns, and R he allways bets 100%. So maybe i would still fold the turn because like a ofsuite 5, he wouldnt bluf that too much either i guess, and his value3bet range beats the crap out of us.... Yeahh.. thinking about it, a nitty fold on such a turn would probably be best vs this guy.
      Vs a more agro villian its hard to say what to do on which rivers, also depends on his barreling freq and stuff..