Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.05) J:heart: 6:club: A:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

TURN ($4.05) J:heart: 6:club: A:spade: 2:heart:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.05) J:heart: 6:club: A:spade: 2:heart: 8:diamond:

BB bets $1.80, Hero ??? ...

Villain is playing 15/11 with 5% 3bet and 1.8 AF over 200 hands.

Now I think I played this too nitty perhaps? When he 3bets I call because I still think he has some hands in that range like suited connectors and other bluffy 3b hands (I've been opening wide from BU).

When the flop comes ace high and he doesn't cbet I get very suspicious since I expect him to be cbetting with nearly all his range. I decide to bet here 1/2 pot in case he has TT,QQ,KK and is worried about the ace. Turn I check behind after he calls thinking I'm not going to get much value from worse hands a lot of the time (except maybe KK).

When he leads on the river for 1/2 pot it screams value bet to me; and after I bet the flop I don't think he's doing this with anything I beat. I really think he has JJ or AJ or maybe even AA here. Am I ever calling? Does QQ,KK,AT ever make this move? I kinda under-repped my hand here with the smallish cbet on the flop and the check behind; so he may think he can get value from smaller PP?

Thank you!
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ains21,

Preflop: What's the reason for calling in first place here vs a guy who plays super-nitty and not even that high 3bet frequency?

As played
      Postflop: I'd even consider Checking behind the turn but neither ain't wrong to Bet. Just by Checking behind the flop you might get called from QQ/KK later on. And as it's true that we most likely wont have much beat cause if he wanted to bluff then he could easily do that on the flop.

Best Regards.