MP1: $7.37
      MP2: $9.71
      MP3: $6.47
      CO: $7.52
      Button: $5.52
      Hero: $11.07
      BB: $3.90

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with J♥ J♣
      4 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises to $0.2, BB calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 4♦ 9♦ 5♣ ($0.85, 4 players)
      Hero bets $0.8, BB calls, CO folds, Button calls.

Turn: 3♣ ($3.25, 3 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls, Button calls.

River: 3♥ ($9.25, 3 players)
      Hero bets $3, BB folds, Button calls all-in $2.52.
      Uncalled bets: $0.48 returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: $14.29

They both total fishes.. one VPP around 85 another 93. I new that they calling with nothing. In best case have top pair or flush draw.
      On river I just put both all in.
      So button shows me 7 :diamond: 3 :diamond: ...
      amazing... :rolleyes:
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      aciddrop
      Bronze
      Yep, I agree, Stars low limits is enough to break your spirit sometimes, with the outcomes it delivers.

Firstly, raise more preflop. You have three limpers before you, and you are going to be out of position for the remainder of the hand, so raise 4BB, +1BB for each limper, and another for good measure, because they are calling stations. So, raise to .40 or .45 preflop. You want all the advantage you can get against these opponents.

When players have a Vpip of 80% and more, they are obviously playing any two cards, so any flop could have hit them.

This flop is suited, and has connectivity as well. I would overbet here, because they can be playing flush draws as well as straight draws, if they don't already have 2pair. With the potsize as is, bet $1. If they are calling your .8, they are calling the dollar as well. Had you raised enough preflop, and got all the same callers, you would have a much bigger pot to work with on the flop, and could have gotten much more money in here. That would have the advantage that you can then shove the turn, because they are both playing with shorter stacks. You will still lose, because being calling stations, if they have a draw, they will put their money in anyway. But your money goes in while you are in front, not after you have lost.

So, raise more preflop, bet more on the flop for protection, and depending on the result there, shove the turn.

Since we now know what BU was holding, we can see that on that flop, he actually had 12 outs to the possible nuts, FD or SD, and on the turn, he gets two more outs, for a total of 14. There is no way he is folding, but not only that, he actually has the odds to call. Factor in the outs that BB was holding, and you were up against a lot of draws there.

Which is why you needed to get more money in preflop, and charge more on the flop, to protect your hand, and take the odds away from your opponents. You can't stop them playing badly, and still winning. But you can charge them more then they should be paying, and that is your aim. When they pay too much, you win, regardless of the outcome. Here, postlop at least, you priced them in, and they took advantage.

And be thankful that such people are willing to give you money, your future profit comes from them.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      well played.
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      thank you for answers, it really helps. my biggest problem that i really need to improve my play with one pair hands: top pairs or over pairs. from the statistics i can see that everything that i win with flushes , sets and straits I loose with such hands like TPTK or over pairs. I know that those hands is hard to play in cash games but it is something like 70% of all you hands if not more. I usually try to play them very aggressive post flop to get where i stand but if i get called problems starts. any advises?