[NL2-NL10] QQ - check behind turn?

• AYuraoA
      AYuraoA
      Bronze
      Hi Gerv,

I guess preflop, flop would be standard. Maybe I should´ve bet like pot on the flop because of draw possibilities. When the Ace hit the turn, I decided to check behind because I didn´t wanted to get check raised on the turn and then I´m not sure if shove would be profitable (and I think it wouldn´t). So when I check behind, I will check out the river and if the flush didn´t hit, I would probably go for small value bet or call some reasonable bet. If the flush DID hit, then I would bet bigger.

However as played - what do you think about turn play?

Then on the river I decided to just call the bet cause even though I´ve got the flush it is not nuts (I would shove if I had KK) and there is also full possible. As mentioned, if he checks, I would bet bigger then his 50c..probably round 65-75.What do you think about the river? Could he be just valuebetting me? I think it is possible. Question is if I beat most of his range which I still have trouble estimating correctly.

(note: treat like Full Ring Game)

PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $4.86
      BTN: $2.00
      SB: $14.27
      BB: $2.18 31/14 after just 16 hands...not much.
      Hero (UTG): $2.18
      MP: $1.86

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

Hero raises to $0.20, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) 7:club: 7:diamond: 9:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.36, BB calls $0.36

Turn: ($1.14, 2 players) A:club:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.14, 2 players) T:club:
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

BB shows 3:diamond: 3:spade: (Two Pair, Sevens and Threes) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins $2.05
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey Ayu,

If you get check/raised on the Turn, I think you are just up against Full houses since flushes are just going to check/call. But then if you bet the Turn; is it for value or as a bluff?

That said I think I will shove the River assuming he will call every flush because you just give him the best odds in town. I think calling is fine too but then you are questioning yourself if you could have grinded more value when he showed you a lower flush

Best regards,
      Gerv