Stack sizes:
      UTG: $6.39
      UTG+1: $5.77
      CO: $3.05
      Hero: $10.38
      SB: $3.18
      BB: $9.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K♣ K♦
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.3, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 9♥ 8♦ 3♠ ($0.62, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.45, BB raises to $0.9, Hero calls.

Turn: T♣ ($2.42, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB calls.

River: 9♠ ($6.42, 2 players)
      BB is all-in $6.7, Hero folds.
      Uncalled bets: $6.7 returned to BB.

I hardly believe that he would play an over pair so strong here. can it be that I was against a middle set here?
  • 3 replies
    • aciddrop
      Hi Dziurgis.

You are playing SH here, only 6 players. Have you switched to SH, or did I miss that in the earlier hand?

The action here makes it look like he was holding a 9 I think. He check minraises the flop, then just check calls the turn for a potsize bet, and donk shoves the river.

If we reraise on the flop, we probably chase the 9 out, which we don't want to do, and a set raises again, so calling is ok there.

Betting the turn after his check makes sense, if he raises again we can decide what to do, most likely fold to such fishy play.

His river shove means we are probably beaten, unless you know he is a loose maniac who makes this play with any cards. So I would fold here too.

I think you played it well, and won money on the hand, even though you had to give it up in the end.
    • Thorsten77
      Against an aggressive opponent, I call in order to raise the turn. Otherwise I would raise the flop.
    • Dziurgis
      Nope, I still playing FR. probably some players left and I was not yet ;)