When to withdraw??

• 17 replies
    • SryImNoob
      Hi mute20

I think its never the time to cashout ^^, my goal playing poker is become better and play higher and higher. So to achieve my goal i need more money so cashout isnt an option.

Obv if you are a reg from like nl100 or nl200 you can consider cashout to keep only what you need at the end of the month (like a % or w.e).

• handsomeover
      What I did is constantly increase my roll but every month some small cashout to get the reward feeling. However if you feel you reach your limit in terms of stakes then only leave on there what is needed to be able to play....not stacking up untill maybe you get another black friday around your ears or some crazy tilt session.
    • Riverdiver
      I think that once you reach a nice limit, you can cash out half of your winnings and still move up when you reach the bankroll needed for the next limit
    • bradomurder
      April 14, 2011
    • germany5590
      withdraw when you need actual money to pay rent or something. otherwise just try and build it.
    • Kyyberi
      I think there are as many answers, as there are players. Some want to build their bankroll, some are happy to make $50 a month at micros and cash that out to buy something nice.

First you should think why do you play poker? What are your goals in poker? When you know the answer to those, you should know what to do with your bankroll.
    • sleeeep
      I think it all depends on what you want? You can buy some little things for you with cash out, you can pay your some of your rents or just go upper limit with all cash, or making it combo 20% profit cashout, 80% profit to keep in poker room.
    • dubadal
      first of all, you have to be aware of withdrawal downswing, which occurs each time after you withdraw ?(
      on the serious note - do it any time its not hurting your BR required for level and for a reason. Like when I made my first "big" tourney cash, I withdrew 500 bucks and got me an xbox. It still symbolizes that poker is great for me and shows that you can win and benefit. Especially important, when you are on a downswing and think that poker is an idiotically complex form of gambling :f_cool:
    • Schnitzelfisch
      It depends on what your goals are and how serious of a poker player you are. There is really no general answer to this question. It makes sense that you withdraw and buy yourself something nice once in a while to reward yourself after you hit some milestones (like if you hit a $10k bankroll for example, treat yourself to a nice dinner) if you want that.
    • DrDunne
      yeah no real straightforward answer. i dont have an income, rent to pay or any real responsibilities. i can't afford to deposit again, and my goal is to grow as a poker player. therefore i dont see the money in there as 'money' - it is just a bunch of buy ins. i never withdraw to buy things EVER. having a bigger bankroll than i did last week is rewarding enough for me. even if i need money i dont withdraw it. i just find another way. my bankroll is my POKER money - it may as well not be real life money :D at least at the moment. im only a micro fish tho :)
    • racenutalways
      I never leave more then 300$ online. Acc't got hacked at stars, losing 300 is alittle easier to make back then 3000$$$ FullTIlt got me for yup, 300$. Money in my bank acc't safer ty very much!

I'll top it up below 300$. It takes seconds to deposit a lifetime to withdraw!!! (888)I withdraw every 200$. I play 10NL-50NL Some prefer not to pay any WD fees, Get you're acc't hacked, you'll be happy to pay it!!
    • malcolmlinco
      well, my thought is that as you don't take your whole roll to tables while playing then basicaly you could move away your excess roll to skrill or other online wallet. I play at Everest and there are some rumors about Everest being overtaken or i'm just too paranoid after 'friday' and just sleep better when my roll is not sitting in one of the rooms.

in my country depositing takes up to 30 minutes do it so is not a problem.
      secondly it is really convenient to move most of roll to Skrill and deposit small amount back when Everest offers depositor freeroll.
    • alemarborges
      Follow this chart

PS: at the right bottom side is written

-deposit $60 and start playing NL2
      -when you get here move up to the next step
      -when you get here move down
      -cashout for every step
    • Ickki
      I don't quite understand the cashing out bit of the chart:

How can you cash out 125 and move up to NL5 at the same time? Are you just playing with 5BI there?
    • Dirk2010
      Just some thoughts:

- sometimes it's good to cash out just to have some money to cash in to get deposit bonus, depositors freeroll tickets and stuff like that.

- a poker site is not a bank, so it makes no sense to leave there a big bankroll which you are not using at the moment.

- there are people who tend to do stupid things online when they return from the pub saturday night. If you have cashed out, you're less likely to to that.

- if you want to cash out and there are any currency changes involved it's clever to observe the sites exchange rates for a while.

- if you are not playing for a while, you are more likely to get a ( return/depositors ) bonus when you return if you have no money in your poker account.

There are so many reasons why to cash out from time to time; properbly there are also many reasons not to do so.

• maheepsangari
      Originally posted by Ickki
      I don't quite understand the cashing out bit of the chart:

How can you cash out 125 and move up to NL5 at the same time? Are you just playing with 5BI there?
      Here's the explanation.

For every level the cashout should match the equivalent of 25 buyins at the next level. By doing so, you allow yourself to gain enough experience, to get used to the money involved and the swings that you cannot avoid. Also, the cashout should not be a single withdraw. You should do like this (given the example at NL50):

- start playing NL50 with $1,500;

- make $1,000 profit (rakeback, bonuses, tourney winnings NOT included) and withdraw $500;

- repeat 2 times; you shoud now have $3,000 into your poker account;

- make the last $1,000 profit and get it all out;

- move up to NL100.

By making more withdraws instead of just one you constantly reward your efforts. This can be a great motivator.
    • LordHase
      im always cashing out 30% of my profit each month...working good