This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Laptop

• 7 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      TBH, all the laptops in the shops will suffice for the internet and poker. I spent a fortune on a top of the range laptop, plus all the extras. I wanted one that would handle anything I threw at it.

My mum has pretty much the most basic (and cheapest) laptop, and it links to my monitors, and runs fine. It handled my brothers 2 million hand database with ease also.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      get a tablet PC, best option if you have the extra money imo
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about this laptop?

HP DV9950EB

2GB WorkMemory
      CPU 2.0 GHZ
      Core 2 Duo
      Grafical card 256 MB
      Harddisk 250 GB

799€
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elrio
      What do you guys think about this laptop?

HP DV9950EB

2GB WorkMemory
      CPU 2.0 GHZ
      Core 2 Duo
      Grafical card 256 MB
      Harddisk 250 GB

799€
      While buying laptop look at the weight and battery too,two important things imo.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes battery time is important. Theres some with only one hour battery life, whereas I get just over 3 hours on mine. I dont know whats the longest battery life you can get. If its only for use around your home 1 hour will do, as you can leave it pluged in.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I made sure to get a longer battery on mine (9-cell) although it extends out the back a bit i get over 5 hours with WiFi, burning DVDs, and running other high energy functions. Never tested it tho but without WiFi or another high energy task i could probably go for 6 or 7 hours.

One draw back to a 9 cell is that it extends a bit out the back of your laptop. Nice when in a coffee shop or at school so you dont have to deal with the power cord.

15 inch would be the smallest screen i would use for multitabling (6-8 tables on the 15 inch widescreen) preferably a 17 inch although for portability 17 is a bit big.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Get one with high resolution LCD. For multitabling. LDO.