Laptop

• 7 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      TBH, all the laptops in the shops will suffice for the internet and poker. I spent a fortune on a top of the range laptop, plus all the extras. I wanted one that would handle anything I threw at it.

My mum has pretty much the most basic (and cheapest) laptop, and it links to my monitors, and runs fine. It handled my brothers 2 million hand database with ease also.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      get a tablet PC, best option if you have the extra money imo
    • elrio
      elrio
      Bronze
      What do you guys think about this laptop?

HP DV9950EB

2GB WorkMemory
      CPU 2.0 GHZ
      Core 2 Duo
      Grafical card 256 MB
      Harddisk 250 GB

799€
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elrio
      What do you guys think about this laptop?

HP DV9950EB

2GB WorkMemory
      CPU 2.0 GHZ
      Core 2 Duo
      Grafical card 256 MB
      Harddisk 250 GB

799€
      While buying laptop look at the weight and battery too,two important things imo.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes battery time is important. Theres some with only one hour battery life, whereas I get just over 3 hours on mine. I dont know whats the longest battery life you can get. If its only for use around your home 1 hour will do, as you can leave it pluged in.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      I made sure to get a longer battery on mine (9-cell) although it extends out the back a bit i get over 5 hours with WiFi, burning DVDs, and running other high energy functions. Never tested it tho but without WiFi or another high energy task i could probably go for 6 or 7 hours.

One draw back to a 9 cell is that it extends a bit out the back of your laptop. Nice when in a coffee shop or at school so you dont have to deal with the power cord.

15 inch would be the smallest screen i would use for multitabling (6-8 tables on the 15 inch widescreen) preferably a 17 inch although for portability 17 is a bit big.
    • DrFunk
      DrFunk
      Bronze
      Get one with high resolution LCD. For multitabling. LDO.